High hcg but rising slowly.

Duein

Reaction score
At 5 weeks 3 days my hcg was 12,700 then 46.5 hours later it was 18,600. Doubling time of 86 hours. From all the research I've done it says 96 hours is fine. But from my midwife point of view it's not ok. I had a scan at 5 weeks 6 days saw a flicker. I go back in 4 days for another scan. I don't want more bloods. I had mmc at 10 weeks in may baby passed at 8 weeks. I'm nervous....

It's totally fine actually.
In most cases, once you are over 2000, doubling time slows down and your numbers totally normal for the gestation you are at. I had an hCG of 12000 at 7 weeks and an hCG of 17000 the next week with DS and it was totally fine according to my doctor. She was right and DS will be 7 this winter.

Having experienced losses myself, I do understand your fears though and want to send a massive :hugs: to you. Hang in there and hopefully your next scan will show baby moving and grooving around in there.

Thank you so much tgis really helps. My mw is really negative about it

Wow those were pretty much spot on my numbers at 5+4 and 6w . My doc says everything is fine and we saw a heartbeat as well 2 weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->