high hcg levels freaking out something is wrong

ejc11

Reaction score
ok, I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question but I'm very stressed. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, got my hcg levels tested yesterday and they were 72,000. They called me to come in for an ultrasound and baby was measuring right and saw the heartbeat. they also saw cysts on my ovary. I have a repeat blood draw on monday, and another ultrasound on weds. I'm really scared this is going to be a partial molar. 72000 is way to high. as anyone else had high numbers that early?

I had hcg of 92000 at 7 weeks. You have a high level, but might not be problematic. Google hcg chart and you'll see the numbers change dramatically around 7 weeks. It's great they are keeping an eye on it. I had a cyst as well on ovary, but was resolved at 11 weeks. Having been in limbo myself, I know it's very hard to relax. Blowing good luck your way.

thank you SO much for responding, did your pregnancy turn out to be ok? I also have a cyst on both my ovaries, does that increase your levels? I appreciate any input you feel comfortable providing me from your own situation!

just saw I already told you I had a cyst, please disregard that lol.

I'm not sure how cysts affect hcg levels. Two pregnancies ago, I had a HUGE cyst on my ovary while I was pregnant and my level were well within the normal range according to online charts. We're talking gigantic, my doctor advised me to never be anywhere more than 30 minutes from an ER because it was that big she expected it to torse at any moment and take my ovary with it. The operation to get rid of it would have ended my pregnancy. That did not end well for me. I also had a uterine cyst with my first pregnancy that caused a threaten miscarriage. It resolved the next week and little bean was fine. Lost that one for a different reason. It also had within range of "normal" hcg.

My last pregnancy did NOT have any cysts, surprisingly. But my hcg was always two weeks ahead according to charts online. I was over 45,000 in early week 5/ late 4. I swore up and down I had to have twins. But there was just one bean. I bugged my gyn every time I got my blood drawn, and she told me this online charts are so inaccurate. Women's hcg varies so drastically at any point in pregnancy, but especially in early pregnancy. Hold on, I think I might have it in an email.

At CD 31 (16 days past DTD) I was at 1288
A week later, I was at 21,038
Three days later, I was at 39,360
Can't find the result from when I hit 45k, but you get the gist.

But naturally, being early four weeks and at 1288 or being nearly 6 weeks and in the 8 weeks range according to charts... my doctor's exact words were, "That is normal- there is a wide range. :)"

thank you so much for your reply, so your doctor wasn't to concerned with your high hcg level? mine is also atleast a week and a half ahead if not more so im very concerned. I've seen the heartbeat but I know it's so early that it doesn't matter to much

thank you SO much for responding, did your pregnancy turn out to be ok? I also have a cyst on both my ovaries, does that increase your levels? I appreciate any input you feel comfortable providing me from your own situation!

I'm almost 12 weeks now. I had subchorionic bleed at 6-ish weeks and the cyst. All resolved by 11 week scan. I'm finally relaxing. I read quite a bit about cysts & usually they get smaller. If the get too big they can be removed without harming the baby. Of course it is a course of action that is not taken lightly as risks with surgery are always there. It sounds they are really following up very well, so trust your doctor as they are taking action instead of waiting it out ( like most doctors do in first trimester). If you have a partial molar, you will find out soon. Good luck! X

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. hoping you get your sticky baby soon

I'm almost 12 weeks now. I had subchorionic bleed at 6-ish weeks and the cyst. All resolved by 11 week scan. I'm finally relaxing. I read quite a bit about cysts & usually they get smaller. If the get too big they can be removed without harming the baby. Of course it is a course of action that is not taken lightly as risks with surgery are always there. It sounds they are really following up very well, so trust your doctor as they are taking action instead of waiting it out ( like most doctors do in first trimester). If you have a partial molar, you will find out soon. Good luck! X

Thank you very much, hoping I get some answers soon

thank you so much for your reply, so your doctor wasn't to concerned with your high hcg level? mine is also atleast a week and a half ahead if not more so im very concerned. I've seen the heartbeat but I know it's so early that it doesn't matter to much

Nope, not concerned in the least bit. I even had at early ultrasound after an injury and all we saw at 5w2d was a little stick of a thing without a hb. I was shocked my levels were so high but I was progressing right along with when I DTD/ my lmp.

I think your hcg level is not out of range and nothing to worry dear but please update me.
Thanks & Best Wishes

At 7w4d my HCG was 177,225 which is super high. I then started fearing a molar pregnancy. I found baby on my doppler yesterday so I feel SOOO much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->