High HCG levels, no heartbeat at 8 weeks.

Kristin52

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a returning user to BnB! Wish I was here for a better story.
After my son was born 4.5 years ago, I have had 3 miscarriages, with no real reasonings behind it.

Today I am 7w6d pregnant. Everything was going smoothly and I was experiencing no issues and still not having any problems. HOWEVER, I went in for my dating scan on the 19th and although it showed no issues, it also showed no heartbeat and the radiologist suggested, well actually stated, it was a failed pregnancy. Alright.

Immediately after I was sent down to see my OB (same hospital) and I spoke to him. His tune was completely different than the radiologist and was surprisingly optimistic that I was just earlier than we thought. Recheck in one week's time. Okay.

Today (22nd) I was having a lot of pain in my lower abdomen so I was advised to go to the ER since my OB wasn't in today. Blood work and another ultrasound.

Ultrasound showed me right where I was supposed to be at 7w6d but no heartbeat whatsoever again. HCG levels came back at 80,300 (doubled since the 19th)

I am no fool in thinking that this is normal because I know it isn't. This isn't my first rodeo and I just wish someone would give me a straight answer as to what it truly is, because if I had to put my money on it, I would say this pregnancy is not viable.

Just makes no sense that everything else seems to be so healthy and perfect yet..baby's heart never started beating. :nope:

Does anyone else have a similar story or what could have happened/be happening? I was doing some research and came across a blighted ovum or partial molar pregnancy and they both kinda seem like it could be the reasons.

If anyone else has any questions for me, feel free to ask! I have been through this so many times and I am willing to offer my advice to those that need it.

Thanks all :) <3

I had several blighted ovums with no explanation. Didn't want to read and run. Are you having another ultrasound?

I've had 4 blighted ovums and my doctors all say they are just bad luck. I believe otherwise because all four (and a probable but unconfirmed fifth) were all from left side ovulation. I think there is either something wrong with my left ovary, my left tube, and/or the left side of my uterus that is causing damage to my eggs and/or interfering with implantation on that side but none of my doctors feel this is an issue so they won't look into it further.

With my blighted ovums, only the gestational sac formed-no yolk sac or fetal pole was ever seen-and it measured considerably smaller than my dates (off by 1-2 weeks). I've miscarried all of my BO pregnancies between 7-8 weeks as well.

It's def strange that everything is growing normally but there's no heartbeat seen. Were these just abdominal ultrasounds or did you have a transvaginal ultrasound as well? If it was just abdominal, there is a very very slim chance they just couldn't see the hb yet but if they did a transvaginal scan, the unfortunately, they would have seen the hb by now. Are you going for another scan soon or are they just waiting to see if nature takes it's course?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->