high hcg - molar?

i thought the booking appointment with the MW was around 8weeks?

Yep so did I - but she said there was nothing she could tell me I wouldn't have googled already - and the dr checked my bp, breathing, abdomen etc.. so she said to come at 16 weeks after my 12 week scan so they could check the babys heartrate etc.. She did tell me to phone if I was concerned about anything or had any questions.

oh, i see.
i think you're much younger than me (i'm 40), and don't know what's your stand on this, but i received yesterday an NHS booklet with all the screening test etc etc. some of them should be done as early as week 8-10 I think, so maybe is worth having a look at that just in case?

I'm 35 1/2 so only a couple of years younger :)

I'm not decided what to get screened for, assuming you mean downs etc - I told the Dr that I didn't mind bloodtests but nothing invasive. For me if this baby is going to be born then it will regardless of what may or may not be 'wrong' with it.

i am almost 7 weeks and have on/off symptoms, mild nausea, heartburn, tiredness. mild AF type cramps but no spotting. i'd say the most noticeable thing is that i am extremely bloated.

i had a hCG done last week (just before 6 weeks) that came back at 41,500. the doc just called me to say he wants me to have an early scan as there is a chance it might be molar. :nope:

i was doing so well, and now i am sooo worried!

Oh Kosh, I hope things go ok with your scan. I hope it will be worry over nothing and all will be good.
:hugs::hugs:

Yep so did I - but she said there was nothing she could tell me I wouldn't have googled already - and the dr checked my bp, breathing, abdomen etc.. so she said to come at 16 weeks after my 12 week scan so they could check the babys heartrate etc.. She did tell me to phone if I was concerned about anything or had any questions.

oh, i see.
i think you're much younger than me (i'm 40), and don't know what's your stand on this, but i received yesterday an NHS booklet with all the screening test etc etc. some of them should be done as early as week 8-10 I think, so maybe is worth having a look at that just in case?

I'm not decided what to get screened for, assuming you mean downs etc - I told the Dr that I didn't mind bloodtests but nothing invasive. For me if this baby is going to be born then it will regardless of what may or may not be 'wrong' with it.

Hi Storm, I too am not decided on what tests I will accept or decline? I think it's a worry either way!
I have now received my 1st scan appointment (June 20th) will be 12+1 weeks and my 1st midwife appointment is on the 8th June. I also have an antenatal app with my doctor thsi Friday, but I have no idea what they will be doing?
Hope you're ok?

i agree. but it is not just downs they test for. there is a section on sickle cell anemia and thalassemia, both of which are not life-threteaning but it might be best to be (medically) prepared for.

Oh Kosh, I hope things go ok with your scan. I hope it will be worry over nothing and all will be good.

thanks Clairey!
I'm trying not to think about it atm as i have an important presentation at work tomorrow and really really need to concentrate. plus, there is nothing I can do...I've stressed so much for the past few weeks....

how are you doing? :flower:

oh, i see.

Hi Storm, I too am not decided on what tests I will accept or decline? I think it's a worry either way!
I have now received my 1st scan appointment (June 20th) will be 12+1 weeks and my 1st midwife appointment is on the 8th June. I also have an antenatal app with my doctor thsi Friday, but I have no idea what they will be doing?
Hope you're ok?

Ohhh how exciting you have your scan date! I only went to the drs for the first yesterday so should get my scan date in the next couple of weeks. I guess all the care is totally different depending on your location. I've been told the hospital will do the blood tests etc.. so will just wait and see what they offer.

I'm feeling a good bit better today - for the first! Hurrah! Although the bloat is ridiculous - look like I have put on a stone and have been eating about half of what I would usually eat and being randomly sick. I wouldn't mind but its too early to tell everyone so I'm stuck trying to hide my stomach which looks like I'm 5 months!

Are you still feeling well?

I'm feeling a good bit better today - for the first! Hurrah! Although the bloat is ridiculous - look like I have put on a stone and have been eating about half of what I would usually eat and being randomly sick. I wouldn't mind but its too early to tell everyone so I'm stuck trying to hide my stomach which looks like I'm 5 months!

glad you're feeling better! :thumbup:
my bloat is ridiculous too! it's ok in the morning but i can't hide it in the evening!

glad you're feeling better! :thumbup:
my bloat is ridiculous too! it's ok in the morning but i can't hide it in the evening!

Mine isn't as bad in the morning - but it just gets worse and worse during the day! It's seriously embarassing! I've resorted to maternity trousers (huge) just to ease the pressure on my stomach - letting it all hang out with long tops over it! Im ok with jeans at the weekend but those black work trousers I usually wear just don't have any give in them! :growlmad:

:hugs:

Hi kosh,hope everything works out for u Hun,as u say it's out of your hands and there's nothing u can do,hopefully it's just a precaution or even better twins,keep us updated Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks Clairey!
I'm trying not to think about it atm as i have an important presentation at work tomorrow and really really need to concentrate. plus, there is nothing I can do...I've stressed so much for the past few weeks....

how are you doing? :flower:

I'm ok Kosh, struggling with work at the moment. They have put me down to work 9 days straight as of today, but I think I will have to say something as I just don't think I can cope as it involves a lot of standing on my feet all day and late nights :( . Keep us all posted on you and your little bean!

oh, i see.

Hope you're ok?

Ohhh how exciting you have your scan date! I only went to the drs for the first yesterday so should get my scan date in the next couple of weeks. I guess all the care is totally different depending on your location. I've been told the hospital will do the blood tests etc.. so will just wait and see what they offer.

Are you still feeling well?

I feel ok Storm, very tired though and work hasn't helped that. I have had to buy bigger shirts for work to accomodate my growing boobies! lol they are taking over!!:winkwink:
I feel bloated but not too bad.
How is everyone doing with work? anyone else counting down the days until they can start maternity leave???

I'm struggling a little with work, but that is cause I'm just soooo tired and still a bit vomity! Im literally in bed every night at 9pm just to get through the next day!

I don't know how you are coping with those late nights and long days clairey - I know I couldnt!

hello all :flower:
i thought i'd add an update in case anyone with high hCG does a search and finds this post!
just got back from my scan and everything is normal!!
:happydance::baby:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am SOOOOOO pleased for you. :thumbup::thumbup:

Am I allowed to say 'told you not to worry?' :haha::winkwink:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am SOOOOOO pleased for you. :thumbup::thumbup:

Am I allowed to say 'told you not to worry?' :haha::winkwink:

:haha: of course you are!

just replied to your other message
thanks for your support! :hugs:

knew it would be, that's great news though, you can relax now and enjoy it, if the sickness doesn't get you that is

Woo hoo!!!! So happy for you honey!! Been checking for an update every day, you must be so pleased xxx

hello all :flower:
i thought i'd add an update in case anyone with high hCG does a search and finds this post!
just got back from my scan and everything is normal!!
:happydance::baby:

Oh Kosh! Im so so so so so so so so so so so so so happy for you!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->