High heels help for a complete beginner!

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm a bit of a tomboy, I always wear converse. Or sometimes pumps. I have never ever worn a pair of heels in my life. Now, I'm getting married in July and I really really want to wear heels! I'm getting a 50s rockabilly-style dress made and would love to wear something like these?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Concealed-pl...183?pt=Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item5f7678e5cb

I don't mean the colour or the actual show, I mean the height and width of the heel etc. I have bought a pair of cheapo stilettos from ebay and plan on wearing them about the house to practice. Is there any other advice you can give me? I've tried a pair on before and it seemed like I was sticking my knees out too much or had my legs straight :dohh: advice? and do you think it's realistic for me to be able to wear killer heels in 6 months? :flower:

you go for it!!!

I'm sure if you practice in those stiletto's which personally i find are harder to walk in than the ones in the picture then you'll ace it.
Practice and you'll soon get comfy with them :)

calf lifts, it really helps to tone your calf muscles so that they can withstand being in heels.
basically you just stand with your feet flat what ever width apart you feel comfortable then just go up on to your toes hold for 10 counts then back down to flat feet, do this ten times then do it fast for ten times. do this sequence three times twice a day and it will really help tone your claf muscles and also get your feet used to being at the angle they are whilst in heels.
this really helped me as im not much of a heel wearer but whenever i do wear them or know i will in the future i do this on the lead up to wearing them lol. x

I'd go for a shoe that has the biggest hidden platform you can find as the actual heel is a lot less than it looks. Wedges are great too but really, as soon as you get your shoes, wear them around the house.

thanks for the advice ladies! much appreciated! ill def do the calf lifts and thanks blah for the advice re: hidden platform!

Firstly Congratulations Nuke ! :thumbup:

I dont wear heels either, always in flats, boots shoes etc.

So for my wedding I bought these, https://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/050010247085?$PSPMedium$ I guess they would be described as mid heel / kitten heeled shoes. Going straight into stilletoes was way out of my comfort zone, I would be very self-concious

I cannot bear to have my feet squished and pinched all day and need them to be wearable. I would wear these again (if I had the occasion), they were so comfortable. I like your find they are gorgeous, but I would no way be able to wear those, my back would hurt :)

i agree with blah about the highest hidden platform :thumbup:

I do NOT do heels at all BUT Irregular choice are all the comfiest I have found. Hmm not sure about wedding shoes though but good excuse to buy more pairs haha x

i will keep looking at this topic i cant do heals very well even though id love to :haha:

https://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-stone-schuh-panther-bow-peep/1137001120

something like that would e perfect. HUGE platform.

I do NOT do heels at all BUT Irregular choice are all the comfiest I have found. Hmm not sure about wedding shoes though but good excuse to buy more pairs haha x

well dude, if u knew wat my wedding dress was like... lol! ive been looking at irregular choice and also ironfist?

and blah those are GORGEOUS! i now know what kind of thing im looking for! i just dont want white! my oh thinks im wearing white... im wearing the furthest thing from white u can get! (not black lol):dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->