High Resting Heart Rate

mamacastro

Reaction score
So I am 9w2d today. My resting heart is currently between 85-90 BPM which is giving me tons of anxiety. Is this heart rate normal for first tri? Anyone else experiencing this?

My heart rate is a little faster than normal and I use to get moments where my heart would beat really fast for a few seconds but then go back down. My friend who just had her baby said she experienced the same thing and that it is normal. I've read that during pregnancy the heart has to work harder. If it is causing you a lot of anxiety, you could always call and ask your doctor! :).

I think it is normal. Mine is also in the high 80's and sometimes 90's.

Wow! That's high! My heart rate is usually that fast whenever I go to the doctors and they always ask if I feel like I'm going to pass out lol. I just tell them that I hate doctors and always get super anxious when I have to go in. It has been that way since I was little.

Its much easier for your body to pump extra blood around by increasing your heart rate than increasing the volume pumped with each beat (unless you are extremely fit) A normal resting heart rate for adults is 60-100bpm. Its likely that your heart rate will rise quicker than usual when walking or exercising because you need to meet the babies oxygen needs as well as your own that's why a lot of pregnant women get out of breath more easily than usual.

I think it's normal.
Mine is also 85-95.
Hormones such as progesterone are inscreased and cause vasodilation which decreases your blood pressure in turn causing your heart to beat faster to maintain your BP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->