High Risk and Consultant Led Care

linz85

Reaction score
Had my first "booking" appointment on Monday after a cancellation, went through the usual stuff and all the questions. Then she put me down as a "High Risk Pregnancy" due to me having a 3rd degree tear and hemorrhage after delivering my last baby.

What does High risk entail? I'm also put under consultant led care too?
What does the consultant do other than a normal midwife?

Tia xx

I have had 2 consultant led births due to getting pre e with my 1st- I had to have consultant appointments after scans and not much else. I had a very straight forward birth with my second and didn't ever see a doctor whilst I was in or on discharge.
I would have been keen to have a home birth this time but there reluctant to agree due to me being consultant led.
I don't know if this is of any help but that's my experience :)

I have had two haemorrhages now, one immediately after my first birth, and then my second was after a DnC with my fifth, but wasn't until a month after he was born. We are not allowed to have a home birth here either after having a haemorrhage, because of the increased risk of having another bleed. The care shouldn't really be different from any other pg, and at the time you give birth they will start a live just incase they need to transfuse you. That is it. I hope this helps you.

Hi, thanks for replying :)

It was just a bit of a shock to be told I'm a high risk pregnancy as I'm otherwise fit and healthy.

Hopefully it will be all normal :)

Just because you have had o e before does not say you will with this one. ;)

I was classed as high risk purely because I was having our 5th baby! Just had an appointment with a consultant and we discussed possible problems such as increased bleeding (I bled very little!) and possible problems with uterus contracting but touch wood all was fine and had a normal midwife led birth x

I was never told anything about complications of having 5....what did they tell you Claire?

I'm high risk because my little man weighed 11lb 5 even though I've had my daughter since who was 9lb and little man is disabled and that's why he was big there are 2 category's low risk and high risk anything slightly different they put high risk don't worry I saw consultant twice last pregnancy once to say hello and once to discharge me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->