High Risk Pregnancy : When Did/Have you have your bags packed ?

DueInMay2015

Reaction score
Hey ladies.

As the title says really , I'm 26+1 weeks pregnant with our first baby ,
I'm classed as a high risk pregnancy , just wondered when other high risk pregnancies had there bags packed and ready for ?

Thank you. :flower:

I was high risk with dd, I packed about 38 weeks lol. I guess it depends what you are high risk for and how the pregnancy is going.

I was high risk with dd, I packed about 38 weeks lol. I guess it depends what you are high risk for and how the pregnancy is going.

Oh wow lol !
I'm classed as high risk as have type 1 diabetes , if all goes well will be induced at 38 weeks at the latest , So yeah was just curiosity as to what others had done really lol. :D

To be fair I had bought most of the stuff, I just hadn't properly packed. I think it's probably sensible to do it sooner haha

Hey DueInMay how's it all going?
I'm 31 weeks today! Had pneumonia in last few weeks and end of last week thought I was developing obstetric cholestasis as had all that weird itching on hands and feet! Got to be retested as can take a while for it to show on bloods!
As u know I'm type 1 also and will be induced 38 weeks ! Haven't packed my bag yet!!!
I have washed most of babies clothes in last 2 days and am planning on getting bag packed in next week or 2 !

I know we are classed as high risk but I always think that being induced at 38 weeks makes it even less likely that we will suddenly need to dash to hospital! (I really hope I do go into labour before though!!!) sure we have plenty of time to get that bag packed!!:flower:

Take care, let me know how your getting on! X

I took a small hospital bag to every appt from 29 weeks as i was constantly admitted. All it needed was toiletries and a few change of clothes. If i delivered early i was required to provide nothing what so ever for the baby. So i really just did need stuff for myself. I suppose if i got to a date that would of required no NICU or SCBU stay then i would of packed a bigger bag. But i never got there and delivered at 33 weeks with my temporary small hospital bag being all i needed.

<3

As betheney said here.
I've always been induced early so never had that mad rush with my first I packed way early and it was unpacked and repacked so many times lol

Thanks everyone for replying , gives me a rough idea when to start mine , and from what you've all been saying it won't be any time just yet lol .
I think that's what I'd end up doing if I was to pack to early re packing and double checking :dohh: .

Thank you. :flower:

Hey DueInMay how's it all going?
I'm 31 weeks today! Had pneumonia in last few weeks and end of last week thought I was developing obstetric cholestasis as had all that weird itching on hands and feet! Got to be retested as can take a while for it to show on bloods!
As u know I'm type 1 also and will be induced 38 weeks ! Haven't packed my bag yet!!!
I have washed most of babies clothes in last 2 days and am planning on getting bag packed in next week or 2 !

I know we are classed as high risk but I always think that being induced at 38 weeks makes it even less likely that we will suddenly need to dash to hospital! (I really hope I do go into labour before though!!!) sure we have plenty of time to get that bag packed!!:flower:

Take care, let me know how your getting on! X

Hey , it's lovely to hear from you :flower:
Good luck with the results from your next blood test , must be all so worrying , how are you feeling now from the few weeks before ? I hope you are feeling better . Is so much to deal with on top of the diabetes . Must be crazy for you right now .

I was thinking that as we know werll get induced at 38 weeks , I've just read about having it packed a bit earlier for that just incase anything happens earlier than normal , but fingers crossed it won't .

I'm doing ok thank you , things seems to be going ok , bms had risen slightly in the last few days but upped insulin slightly and there back in target so happy with that , got my growth scan on the 25th so ready for that to hurry up and come round , hopefully all is growing well and get a peep at baby's sex :happydance:

x

I only have diet controlled GD but am classified as high risk.

With DD2 when I was in the same scenario from early on I was backed by 32 or so weeks. I was admitted briefly at 35 weeks and I always have quite a big scan/appointment at 36 weeks so I like the bags in the car at that point.

I only have diet controlled GD but am classified as high risk.

With DD2 when I was in the same scenario from early on I was backed by 32 or so weeks. I was admitted briefly at 35 weeks and I always have quite a big scan/appointment at 36 weeks so I like the bags in the car at that point.

Thanks for replying , is always good to hear what others have done ,
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. :flower:

I took a small hospital bag to every appt from 29 weeks as i was constantly admitted. All it needed was toiletries and a few change of clothes. If i delivered early i was required to provide nothing what so ever for the baby. So i really just did need stuff for myself. I suppose if i got to a date that would of required no NICU or SCBU stay then i would of packed a bigger bag. But i never got there and delivered at 33 weeks with my temporary small hospital bag being all i needed.

<3

This is my plan, I am planning to by 30 weeks. I was not prepared at all when I got severe pre-eclampsia at 33 weeks last time, I went for an appointment and came home a week later post c-section. DH had to try and scramble my toiletries and clothes together while worrying about me and not knowing what was going on. I will do as you and pack a small bag and take to the doctor at every appointment from 30 weeks on, and pack a larger bag by 34 weeks that includes stuff for baby. DS could wear clothes by his second week, so even with an early birth I might want stuff at 34 weeks.

After my little unexpected break in hospital, I'm going to pack one as soon as I get back! I'm 18w!

When I went into labor. :D

We live 10 minutes drive from the hospital so I didn't stress, figuring that anything I forgot or needed my husband could just bring in for me.

Thanks everyone for replying , been very helpful , loads of different answers and timing of packing think mine might be done sooner than later :haha: , think it would panik me it not being ready lol

:flower:

I wasn't high risk with my last pregnancy but my waters broke at 35 weeks and DD was born a week later. I was not really prepared at all so planning on everything being packed before then just in case. We have no idea if it will happen again with this one

I was high risk as i have type 2 diabetes, i was going to be induced at 39 weeks but when i had a scan at 38 weeks there was low fluid around lo and my bp was higher than they would have liked so they booked me in to be induced for the next available date which was 3 days later. I had my hospital bag fully packed by 37 weeks but i think it was only maternity bras i had to get so everything apart from them was packed by about 34 weeks.

Thanks everyone for replying ,

I've recently had my 28 weeks scan and appointment and was actually asked then if I had my bags packed which I said no lol .
Midwife advised me to have them packed just as a precaution so I'm now 29 weeks pregnant and have both a bag for me and baby packed .

:flower:

I'm going to do mine soon (I'm 21 weeks) just toiletries, pj's and a change of clothes for me, a blanket and teddy for baby at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->