High risk pregnancy

Nat777

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a somewhere around 6-7 weeks (by my est.)& considered high risk.
My story here (I'll try to keep short) is as such: A day before I was going in for a hysterectomy (due to fibroids, risk #1) pre-op blood came back and Dr. called to say she had to cancel, I was pregnant! SHOCK! HCG was at 68. Now along with having fibroids, I also have high blood pressure (which meds can = small babies) along with the fact that I am 41, it's a trifecta of high risk. My 2nd HCG done 6 days later I am listing below (along with the others that followed). It's this last one that has me worried.

460 from 68 in 6 days-3 days after that, 647 another 3 at 1640, 3 days later 2928, 6 days later over 9000 (never got the complete#) An ultra sound was done that day measuring 4 weeks...Now here is my concern. My next appt/Ultrasound was scheduled for 2 weeks from then, with no HCG done in between. The ultra sound only shows a gestational sac with maybe a hint of a yolk sac. (Anything else too hard to see with fibroids) they measured me around 5 1/2 to maybe 6 wks. Dr. said my fibroids are casting too many shadows, but also the baby could have attached to the fibroid which could keep it from developing! Ahhh... to boot over the 2 weeks my HGC levels (4/8/15) done that day were only 16000 from 9000.
I'd love some feedback as I am really freaking out..altho I hear levels can peak and slow after reaching 6,000, but by that much??? Plus I really think even from my pre-op blood work time frame and date of conception (giving adequate time to fertilize & implant) I would be a min of 6-7 weeks? Shouldn't we see more on u/s? Am I expecting too much on u/s...should I be this worried? I love to hear some positive stories of slowing HCG and or pregnancy with these other risk, fibroids, not seeing baby on u/s at 5-6 wks etc.

Pregnancy risks are higher for mothers age 35 and older.Smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol and using illegal drugs can put a pregnancy at risk.low birth weight baby or preterm birth — birth before 37 weeks of pregnancy — might increase the risk in subsequent pregnancies

Hi there.
I wanted to say that your age, fibroids and high blood pressure sounds just like me. I have one fibroid, but the doctor says that it's out of the way. We'll know tomorrow when i go for my first scan at 6w. My hcg was doubling the first two times, but they said I didn't have to go in for a third and I could schedule my first ultrasound. So..Just wanted to say that I hope everything is ok, and I hope everything turns out great. <3 Keep me posted.

Pregnancy risks are higher for mothers having age of 35 or above, and as u r saying that you are high blood pressure, one fibroid, HCG is increasing in few days, I think its risky but in control to be handled , need not to be worry about it, just simply follow your doctor's advice, do some regular exercise, take diet as prescribed in time and be happy, all the time..Just forget about Your problems and take medicines and treatments like drugs, surgery if needed, on time ,do not hesitate at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->