High temperature, cough and wheezing - any advice

Iren_iren

Reaction score
I know its better to ask doctors, but dont want to call NHS direct just now and look silly

Basically my son was ill with high temperature and bad cough since weekend and i was looking after him

Today back to work, coughing to the point i threw up, weezing and not being able to breath properly (i used ventolin inhaler about 5 times today and it helps like for 10 min)

On the train home i started shivering like mad and took 2 paracetamol, got home it was 39C
Now after an hour its 38.3

DH was looking after DS today and is not supportive as i am adult and should just get on with it, which makes me even more sad

So the question what temperature is dangerous for baby?
I will probably call NHS direct later on if temperature rises again, but breathing is not good which does not help
What can i do to help myself and baby apart from googling :)

Thanks ladies

I'd see your dr asap, anything over 101 f or 38.3 centigrade can be dangerous

Cal NHS direct hun thats what they are there for don't take any risks x

Yes you need to call. The fever isn't good, but the trouble breathing is also not good for baby, if you're having trouble breathing, your oxygen levels could be down, which could directly impact the baby... call!

Thank you ladies
Paracetamol took temperature down and ive managed to sleep elevated, so helped with breathing
I had more hight temperature during the night, so will go for emergency app at my GP in the morning and hope ill manage to persuade DH to stay at home today and look after us
Being pregnant and sick plus having sick child who been ill for a week now sucks

I know it's not fun, I'm glad you were able to get some relief from your fever, we've been sick in our home too which means sick hubby, 2 sick kids and of course sick mama :( the one thing that's been an encouragement to me is knowing we most likely will not be sick at all when baby comes soon and I'm passing all those antibodies to him to boost his immune system even more during this season which is always terrible for sickness.

I know it's not fun, I'm glad you were able to get some relief from your fever, we've been sick in our home too which means sick hubby, 2 sick kids and of course sick mama :( the one thing that's been an encouragement to me is knowing we most likely will not be sick at all when baby comes soon and I'm passing all those antibodies to him to boost his immune system even more during this season which is always terrible for sickness.

Thanks for the support!
Its a good point and i hope too we'll be done with sickness once baby is here
I have not antibiotics and inhaler, so hope it helps soon
Take care and hope you all be better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly