Higher Functioning Autism

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
My son has suspected Higher Functioning Autism, does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm trying to find some good information on the subject but coming up against the world of google and alot of things from the US.

Any help greatfully received :)

Hello! They have suspected a similar diagnosis for my son since he was 18m - he's 3.5 now. I don't have any info links from the UK (I'm in Canada), but wanted to say hello and hugs :hugs::hugs:

Hello! They have suspected a similar diagnosis for my son since he was 18m - he's 3.5 now. I don't have any info links from the UK (I'm in Canada), but wanted to say hello and hugs :hugs::hugs:

Hi! :flower:

Hiya! Sounds like we are in the same boat! At what stage of the process are u? We had the parental meeting last week and his assessment is on 21st May! Matthew is very delayed in his speech but has a very high IQ, it is amazing to watch him do a jigsaw for a 5 or 6 year old. The spectrum is so wide that its really hard to get info suitable for your individual child!

My son has mild high functioning autism. He's 4 and a half yrs old and right now he's in a special pre-k class specific for autistic kids.

ASD isn't really classified in a lot of places now as all children are so different (that would make sense, it is a spectrum after all) so it might be why you are'nt finding specfic support. I found Talk About Autism a good website

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->