Higher HCG levels = girl?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I've read that higher HCG levels can indicate you're carrying a baby girl. Has anyone else read up on this or asked their doc? Mine are a bit high and have had doubling times of 24.3 hours, 27.03 hours and 31.53 hours so far, so I'm curious.

I'd be interested to see responses. I've never heard this before.

Here is one of the articles I read about it:

https://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/2/485.full

Supposedly that's where the old wives tale of "if you have bad morning sickness, you're more likely to have a girl" (Because higher HCG levels = girl, if there is any truth to it)

I also came across this best website that compares HCG levels for singleton pregnancies vs twin pregnancies ( https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/twins ) and my levels and doubling times are right on track with twins. Hmmm

I have the same question and would like to follow this thread. I fall right on track for twinsies as well and actually joked towards hubby and said, I bet mine would be 233 today and it will say I am carrying twins. Well, it was 233.3 at 14dpo. Lol

I have the same question and would like to follow this thread. I fall right on track for twinsies as well and actually joked towards hubby and said, I bet mine would be 233 today and it will say I am carrying twins. Well, it was 233.3 at 14dpo. Lol

Hey we are about the same! I had mine checked at 15dpo and it was 267. I have an ultrasound somewhere around 6 weeks (I have to schedule it when my levels reach 3,000-5,000) so I'll know then if it's one or two! Keep me updated on you! Are you having your levels drawn again?

No, because I got my 3+ on a digi at exactly 5 weeks. I have my scan on the 24th of July at 10+2 weeks. I am terrified of early scans after my loss last year.

My DD had more or less the same levels and with my pregnancy last year it was also very high and it was a girl.

Interesting about your high levels and your girl! I really feel I'm carrying a girl. I took my last digi this morning (4W4D) and got pregnant 2-3. Sorry to hear about your losses, I'm in the same boat. Fx'd for a H&H 9 months for both of us!

I don't know if it's true or not, but at 4w6d(about 20dpo) my hcg was 18,762 and I had a girl.

I also came across this best website that compares HCG levels for singleton pregnancies vs twin pregnancies ( https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/twins ) and my levels and doubling times are right on track with twins. Hmmm

My HCG at 15dpo was 530 and then at 21dpo 4900...on track for twins too...but I highly doubt it. My HCG level at 15dpo with one of my miscarriages was 549 (it was a singleton)... maybe I just produce high levels. I'll keep you updated!

Mine were wt 21500 at 5 weeks, i got a blaring dark bfp and a pos digi at 8 dpo the latest.. i was thinking girl due to that, but hes ALL BOY. my dd was dif i never had my bloods taken, but i didnt get a faint pos til 12 ish or so dpo with her. Xx

I've had one high (got to 106k at 6w1d) and one lowish (started at 54 12/13dpo) both boys lol!

Fabulous numbers by the way, sticky baby!!

Dont think any is true as all fetuses are female until appx 12-13 weeks. Well they say female but in fact they just name them female as no genitalia is formed until theginning of 2nd trimester. X

high HCG levels in my case are 2 :blue: :blue: :) I think it could be a bit like saying the heartbeats are faster with girls and slower with boys, just a wife tale really :flower:

Well for me the morning sickness thing was bang on... None with my son and crazy exorcist like puking with my daughter....!

I've heard this too. At 4w3d, my hcg was 1,736! So, we'll see!

87000 at 5.6 and 119129 at 6.1...

We'll have to see what,baby is though until 20 week scan!

With my daughter, my hCG levels were fairly high - not as crazy high as some people have, though. It was 13 thousand and something when I as around 5 1/2 weeks or so. I didn't have much morning sickness with her. :)

Will be exciting to find out! I didn't have my HCG levels measured with my two DS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->