Higher Temps During The Day in the TWW?? Advise?

robin929

Reaction score
Yesterday I had some massive congestion. Usually just causes discomfort but no fever. I took my temp at 4pm and it was 99.2. So this is not really a fever but definitely an elevated low low grade fever or body temp. I went to bed after resting and moving very little temp was normal.

Upon waking temp was normal post O 98.47 at 5am. Though by 9 am my temp was 99.1 and is fluctuating to 99.4. I have to say today I feels loads better, wouldn't even know my sinuses were bonkers yesterday!

I am a person who rarely gets fevers, fever with the flu 2 weeks ago, before that 4 years ago! So my normal daytime temp is 98.4-98.6. 99.2 - 99.4 is high for me.

I realize the basal temp is different than the normal therm.

Could this be a possible implantation sign? I really am not sick and see no reason for elevated body temp during the day. As I said my temp is highly consistent as an adult. Any thoughts?

PS- I am about 9-10DPO, I say 9/10 because one day I woke up much earlier and really the temp even with adjuster isn't too accurate. I caved and tested yest. BFN of course early whether I was 8/9DPO.
Would appreciate any help!

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/4dc428

I see what you are saying.
But, with BBT there is a reason that they have you take your temp under the same conditions, the same time every morning. As the day passes, and your activities change so does your temp. Taking it midday is not a resting temp, unless it was after 4 hours of steady rest/sleep...and even then, it would be higher temps bc its later in the day.

I take my temp twice too sometimes, mainly though its at the end of the day before bed after I've settled in. I have found that if my temp is high at night, my temp will be higher in the morning ( no where near the same range, but higher then the previous mornings temp).

My point is, try and reserve temping for ONE Time a day and that is how you will get your baseline. Also, it doesn't really matter if you aren't prone to fevers, a slight cold can give you a elevated temp....so many other factors can contribute tp temperatures.

I'm a crazy tempter too! So I say it with love!! Your temp might be higher tomorrow morning or it might not.

Any adjusted temps, be sure to note your chart.

I am 6dpo....getting right around the testing bend....so I understand your need to dissect every temp and detail.

I hope this is your month!!!

Didn't want to read and run...but I completely agree with the PP.

You are going to drive yourself crazy if you temp more than once throughout the day.

Daytime temps are completely unrelated to any ttc informations. Each day in your life is different, your clothes you wore, what you ate, the weather, how much you moved or spoke! Lots of things implicate temperature readings.

Like the first poster, there's a reason why you take your bbt first thing before you've moved, spoke or yawned! Your temperatures are settled giving a more accurate reading. Even if you moved a lot in the night, left your mouth open etc, it may jolt your readings a bit but not enough to disrupt a pattern.

Stick to temping first thing and leave the thermometer alone unless you get really ill then only read it for the sake of checking your average temp for illnesses, not baby making

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->