Hip pain already!

L

Lullabye

I'm 16 weeks along and woke up today with awful pelvic pain. My groin and hip on the right are just awful. It hurts with every step. I had this during my pregnancy with my son but not until early third tri! I work a very demanding job and I've already had to take a week off due to morning sickness. Now I'm worried I'll need to be signed off of work for longer if this pain is already making me limp. :cry:

I understand your pain I have had siatic and hip pain off and on since about 12 weeks

I've had spd/ pgp since 10wks this time round. I never had it till 25 wks my first pregnancy. It's slowly changed over the weeks, I work full time. So moving slower now and no longer lifting heavy things. 26wks now, but on the count down....

Oh, yeah. It's worse with each pregnancy. I have been VERY careful this pregnancy and don't have much pain yet, although I do waddle from my SPD, I'm not in PAIN, so that's the main thing for me. Just be more careful so it doesn't get worse if avoidable. Well, it WILL get worse, but if we keep our legs shut and are more intentional with our movements, it doesn't have to get worse as early. It's hard to feel dependent on others and to stop ourselves from doing simple tasks like picking things up off the floor, but I stopped at around 20 weeks and started using a grabber/reacher to pick things up or ask someone else to get it for me. I've had my OH tying my shoes for me for weeks now, too. (I only wear shoes that need tying if I'm going to be walking a lot, like taking the kids to the zoo or going shopping for the day). I keep a pillow between my legs in bed, and part of rolling over includes keeping the pillow in place so I'm not spreading my legs and hurting my pelvis.

With one of my pregnancies, I did something stupid at 12 weeks along. I lifted my leg up really high and popped my pelvis. My pelvis and hips were in excruciating pain for the remainder of the pregnancy - and what a looooooong pregnancy that was. So I'm a LOT more careful with my pelvis and hips now. I advise everyone else who has the pelvis and/or hip pain to be careful, too. It's just not worth it to be in that much pain and to have more trouble walking if it's avoidable. :)

Thanks, everyone. It's really hard for me to void things like getting up and down a lot, bending, squatting, and lifting. I work in a very busy ICU and am constantly on the move. It's times like this when I wish I had a desk job!

Thanks, everyone. It's really hard for me to void things like getting up and down a lot, bending, squatting, and lifting. I work in a very busy ICU and am constantly on the move. It's times like this when I wish I had a desk job!

I have SPD again with this pregnancy, it's steady getting worse
With each passing week! I have a desk job but I am in far more pain on the days that I work rather than my days off! I think it's getting up after sitting down for so long that's the worst!

Sarah xxx

Omg girl I'm the same way too! I've been feeling the spd twinges occasionally for a couple weeks now and it just feels way too soon! I had it pretty bad with my baby I just had a year ago so I was thinking maybe my body didn't have enough time to recover, but maybe some of us are more prone to it.

I plan on trying the kinesio tape this time, I always wanted to last time but for who knows what reason never did lol!

One thing that has really helped me, as a PP has said, is sleeping with a THICK pillow between my legs and keeping it there when rolling over is definitely a good trick. My pain is still there when I move certain ways, but it is definitely a lot better! Another thing is when putting on pants/socks/shoes make sure you sit down rather than stand on one leg and put them on, because that can hurt! Definitely just being more mindful helps and you learn your limits. It's not fun though :(

SPD and sciatic pain suck! I used one of those thick belly bands and that helped some. If you have the chance to hit up the pool i really suggest that too, and yoga, yoga, yoga! I really love this video, it's like hip and chest therapy through yoga, not like a workout t: https://youtu.be/GRNQZHUcQaY

Definitely try sleeping with a pillow between your legs (thighs). Hopefully you feel better soon!

Thanks, all. I've been sleeping with an amazing pregnancy pillow since first tri, and I do prenatal yoga and pilates 3 times a week (when I'm being good!). My midwife has referred me to a physiotherapist, so fingers crossed that helps!

Hi. Mine started again at 13 weeks. I find if I sit down for too long it's seizes up. Which is annoying as I'm tired and just want to put my feet up. Baths help a little. I'm walking with a hobble starting to develop a bit of a cowboy walk! I'm trying hard to keep my exercise up and make better eating choices to help keep my weight down which is definitely helping. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->