Hip Pain? (People who had SPD before)

Nela

Mum of 1 + Expecting
Reaction score
Anyone already experiencing hip pain? Round ligaments start getting looser pretty early on right? I had such terrible pelvic pain with my first pregnancy. I honestly didn't think I'd have issues so early on but I remember having similar with the first as well. Anytime I put full weight on my right, it's painful. Really hoping this pregnancy won't be as painful but I guess it's realistic to think it might. I never got the SPD treated because I brushed it off at the time. This time, is there something I should do to try and make it more comfy? I cycle regularly. That's not a problem is it? I hope not as it's kind of necessary. Lol. :wacko:

This time i started feeling spd around 14 weeks, when putting trousers on and when id walked to far, in my last two pregnancies it didnt hit until third tri and it was horrid!

So far though so good, yes i can feel it but its not gotten any worse so far, thinking maybe because i know what i what it feels like ive just noticed it being there that bit faster, maybe it was same in last pregnancies but i didnt know what to look for so i missed it!

With DD I got SPD really late, I was 36 weeks before I took meds, and it started by 20 weeks for me this time. I'd recommend calling your doctor to see if you can get a referral for physio, with such a way to go you might really suffer! I'm only 28 weeks and can't be out for more than two hours and boy do I suffer the rest of the day!

Yeah, I thought I was imagining things or it was just bad luck but now I can see that it's definitely there and definitely acting up more after I've cycled and worked. Seems like it's really starting slowly already and it's quite painful so I won't manage to ignore it forever. I will bring it up with my OBGYN next week for sure and see what he recommends and what we can do for it. Thank you ladies :flower:

Yep I'm only 9 weeks and already feeling some discomfort. Last pregnancy was the same and I did do hydrotherapy which helped a little .

I had terrible hip pain with my first pregnancy and saw an osteopath which really helped. Also avoiding crossing your legs when sitting, and sleeping well supported helped.

This time it seems much more mild so far, and if it starts to ache I can usually use a physio roller to stretch it out. Hope it doesn't get too bad for you this time:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->