History of early labor pio shots?

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
My first daughter was born at 36 weeks 6 days after my water broke, my second pregnancy was twins and my water broke at 35 weeks 3 days. My dr said it's likely it will happen this time, and said I could do progesterone shots weekly starting at week 16, but we agreed to not do anything and just expect to go early but hopefully right around 37 weeks. Do you think we made the right decision? I mean of course the twins were born early so I don't feel like that was a fair indicator.

I'm in a similar situation. I had my son at 34 weeks, can't remember how many days, had to have that shot to develope his lungs. My dr also suggested the progesterone shot to me (before I even conceived) and I just can't make up my mind about it. If I had low progesterone levels I'd consider it more heavily. The side effects scared me but he said since it's given to high risk cases that's to be expected and he doesn't feel it was caused by the medication. He said it's only ever been given to monthers at risk of delivering preterm. I'm not much help, I've been debating it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->