Hit me with it- all the 'home' remedies please

Countrygirl13

Reaction score
Hi,

What do you do to increase your chance of TTC other than prescribed medication please?

After 3yrs TTC for no 2 (following three years TTC no 1) my OH and I are going for one last big push from now until Christmas. After that we are maybe going to stop for good. For us, as we are so incredibly fortunate to have a little one, TTC efforts have been not as all-out as they were last time.

I do not qualify for IVF on the NHS and our FS has told us that I can't have any more clomid. I have 'unexplained' infertility. I will get Progesterone if I get a BFP as I had two early losses about 18 months ago.

So, we have cut out alcohol, caffeine, I am losing a little weight and am running a bit now having completed the C25K. Since we went the clomid route last time I have not tried much else that could have helped. I have just stuck some preseed in my amazon basket and am tracking my cycle with the fertility friend app and OPKs. I remember following the Sperm Meet Egg Plan (SMEP) threads back in 2013....
What else is out there? Thanks in advance!

I've been ttc #1 for 7-8 years now. So, obviously these haven't worked for me, but I've heard from others that they did.

Reduce inflammation via diet. You already started this with cutting out caffeine, you can also cut out sweets and most wheat products.

Vitamins - make sure you're taking a daily already

using the SoftCup- essentially he ejaculates into you, or into the cup. Then you insert the cup and keep it there for a while.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

Did the clomid actually work for you? I didn't respond to it and my dr put me on letrozole (femara) instead. I got pregnant on cycle 3 with that.

We took 3 years with DS and are now 18 weeks pregnant with number 2 after TTC for another 3 years (I had 4 losses over the 6 years too). We were "unexplained" too, v frustrating!

Do you have PCOS? Or irregular cycles? At various points I've taken agnus castus (Vitex), vitamin E, soy isoflavons, and Omega 3. I also put hubby on zinc at one point. Not sure if any of it helped, but if you google those & infertility, they might be useful for your situation. They're all available on Amazon (and Holland & Barrett, but dearer!)

I'm trying again after a couple of years NTNP. I had pretty much given up and didn't want the heartbreak anymore. I also thought I had zero chance of conceiving naturally as I have two blocked tubes. However, l have regained the fire in my belly after stumbling on some YouTube videos about serrapeptase and then castor oil packs. I'm trying those and feeling hopeful again.

Fx

I'm trying again after a couple of years NTNP. I had pretty much given up and didn't want the heartbreak anymore. I also thought I had zero chance of conceiving naturally as I have two blocked tubes. However, l have regained the fire in my belly after stumbling on some YouTube videos about serrapeptase and then castor oil packs. I'm trying those and feeling hopeful again.

Fx

I can tell you first hand that serrapeptaste worked for me to remove documented adhesions in and around both my tubes. My tubes looked diseased and were dilated and every doctor I saw, which was 3, told me to have them removed and just do IVF. I didn't even finish an entire bottle and the only side effect I had was weird itching in my arms at night. My tubes were blocked in several places including the ends. There is hope! Don't let them take your tubes out. Try serrapeptaste at the maximum dose you can find and take it for 3-6 months. Do the packs, and have your tubes tested again. I ended up having to do surgery to make 100% sure my tubes were fine and when they went in, the doctors said it was a miracle that my horrendously blocked tubes were PERFECT.

I can tell you first hand that serrapeptaste worked for me to remove documented adhesions in and around both my tubes. My tubes looked diseased and were dilated and every doctor I saw, which was 3, told me to have them removed and just do IVF. I didn't even finish an entire bottle and the only side effect I had was weird itching in my arms at night. My tubes were blocked in several places including the ends. There is hope! Don't let them take your tubes out. Try serrapeptaste at the maximum dose you can find and take it for 3-6 months. Do the packs, and have your tubes tested again. I ended up having to do surgery to make 100% sure my tubes were fine and when they went in, the doctors said it was a miracle that my horrendously blocked tubes were PERFECT.

Promise, that's incredible, thank you so much for sharing that. It's hard to equate taking a tablet or two everyday with actually healing and achieving what you've always wanted. I've become so used to not having any hope or any chance, just to have that chance again is incredible.

What is your plan now?

Thank you so much again for responding, it means so much to hear your story xxx

Promise, that's incredible, thank you so much for sharing that. It's hard to equate taking a tablet or two everyday with actually healing and achieving what you've always wanted. I've become so used to not having any hope or any chance, just to have that chance again is incredible.

What is your plan now?

Thank you so much again for responding, it means so much to hear your story xxx

You're so welcome! I am just in the throws of my second chemical pregnancy this year, so while I'm so sad to not have a take home baby, I am relieved to know that I am finally ovulating and conceiving. Since my tubal issues are resolved, I am focused now on healthy ovulation and implantation. Last cycle was my first time ovulating on my own with no meds thanks to Tribulus and licorice. So I plan to do the same this cycle, but adding in some c0q10 for egg quality. I took it last time but I want to double my dose. I also plan to add in some DHEA for this as well.

I should note that Vitex works wonders for me. It helps me bring on cycles and even tends to help them be a bit more regular when I take it regularly for a few months. Unfortunately it also gives me headaches so I can't always take it.

Soy Isoflavoes never worked for me and I think it's because I have PCOS, and Clomid doesn't work for me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->