Hit my bump???? Worried.

TeiganMax

Reaction score
Hi all. As the title states. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and was carrying a book earlier today which I caught on a door frame and one of the edges of the book banged into the top of my belly. It hurt for about a second or two bit that was it and I haven't had any pain there since. I had a red Mark where the corner hit my skin but it's not sure to touch or anything like that. Baby is moving fine. My concern is though is that I have an anterior placenta and I'm concerned that I may of hit that and will cause a placenta abruption or something????
Anyone else had this and been ok?

XXxx

I have an anterior placenta and opened a cupboard door into my bump last night. Hurt for a while but soon got better. If u have cramps or bleeding call mw x otherwise you're fine I think, they're well protected even further on x

im sure you will be fine, im forever banging my bump and opening the car door into it :haha: x

Don't worry, i was told it would take a blow to the stomach similar to someone hitting you with a baseball bat or a high impact car crash to cause problems x

As long as your LO is moving ok I wouldn't worry.
I have an anterior placenta and a toddler who likes to use my bump as a bouncy castle.

When I was pregnant with my first son I was always getting injured, once I fell down the stairs while rushing to open door for my OH. Next time I slipped over on my laminate floor in the pitch black as out dog had done a wee lol.
This time I have banged my stomach into the door, my toddler has thrown toys that have hit my stomach, he also jumps all over me, digs his elbows into me!
I think it would be more concerning late in pregnancy to have a blunt trauma as there is less fluid cushioning the baby. At 27 weeks baby has a lot of cushioning and I doubt felt a thing!

yea me to have banged my bump several times, and with several objects aswell electric fence posts , doors etc in fact i still have a mark now i wouldnt worry they are really well cushioned at this point, think about how hard the woman who scanned your baby pressed on your tum when getting baby readings! ouch:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->