Hit my bump???? Worried.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by TeiganMax, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TeiganMax

TeiganMax Well-Known Member

Hi all. As the title states. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and was carrying a book earlier today which I caught on a door frame and one of the edges of the book banged into the top of my belly. It hurt for about a second or two bit that was it and I haven't had any pain there since. I had a red Mark where the corner hit my skin but it's not sure to touch or anything like that. Baby is moving fine. My concern is though is that I have an anterior placenta and I'm concerned that I may of hit that and will cause a placenta abruption or something????
    Anyone else had this and been ok?

XXxx

2. Jennifaerie

Jennifaerie Mummy to 1, baking #2

I have an anterior placenta and opened a cupboard door into my bump last night. Hurt for a while but soon got better. If u have cramps or bleeding call mw x otherwise you're fine I think, they're well protected even further on x

3. mummy2anangel

mummy2anangel Well-Known Member

im sure you will be fine, im forever banging my bump and opening the car door into it :haha: x

4. Daisy1986

Daisy1986 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, i was told it would take a blow to the stomach similar to someone hitting you with a baseball bat or a high impact car crash to cause problems x

5. amandad192

amandad192 mum to 2

As long as your LO is moving ok I wouldn't worry.
    I have an anterior placenta and a toddler who likes to use my bump as a bouncy castle.

6. Sweetk1

Sweetk1 Well-Known Member

When I was pregnant with my first son I was always getting injured, once I fell down the stairs while rushing to open door for my OH. Next time I slipped over on my laminate floor in the pitch black as out dog had done a wee lol.
    This time I have banged my stomach into the door, my toddler has thrown toys that have hit my stomach, he also jumps all over me, digs his elbows into me!
    I think it would be more concerning late in pregnancy to have a blunt trauma as there is less fluid cushioning the baby. At 27 weeks baby has a lot of cushioning and I doubt felt a thing!

7. poppytal pope

poppytal pope Well-Known Member

yea me to have banged my bump several times, and with several objects aswell electric fence posts , doors etc in fact i still have a mark now i wouldnt worry they are really well cushioned at this point, think about how hard the woman who scanned your baby pressed on your tum when getting baby readings! ouch:thumbup: