Hitting a pregnant woman!!! Now on leave!!!

iwantabub

Reaction score
Ok so on Friday I was at work (I was going to be working til 38 weeks) ... There's one guy I work with who's a knob.... Like total knob and asks inappropriate questions like "have your nipples gotten any bigger"... Anyway he was playing a stupid joke making our receptionist run around and I told her what he was doing so she didn't have to run anymore... He then got grumpy I ruined his fun and grabbed a plastic paperwork folder off the desk and "whipped" me with it... Like hit me full pelt in the back.... It stung like hell.

Anyway I just went off told my manager and said I would deal with it later and have a talk to him... My hubby rang shortly after to see how my day was and I told him what happened... He flipped... I never seen my other half be angry but he was fuming...

I left at 4 and after I left (I had no idea) my dh went into my work... Walked up to my manager and the guy and confronted them... The guy hit my dh with the folder and said "see that's all I did"...

Well my other half grabbed the folder and slapped this guy across the face with it ... He told him how dare he hit a woman let alone a pregnant woman and he said if he touched me again he would kill him...

I don't condone violence but I was so shocked at what dh did... He told them I no longer worked there and I started mat leave now!

I feel so annoyed I now don't have a job coz I am gonna be so bored but I am also so glad that dh stood up for me... I had no idea he had that in him...

He said that night .. No one hurts or hits a women... Especially not my pregnant wife... I will not stand for it nor should u have to work somewhere with people like that.

Well I'm now on mat leave and bored already ahahah...
I have 4 weeks till my cs if I make it and I don't know what to do with myself lol

Sorry for the story... Guess I'm just proud to have a hubby who protects me that much

No job is worth that, I dont even know your other half and im proud of him :)
Put your feet up and enjoy your extra bit of time off and see if you can get a bit extra pampering out of him as well :)

What an idiot!! Hope you're feeling better and enjoying your leave.
Good on your DH for standing up for you.

I was really laughing at the part where your dh took the folder and slapped this guy with it ...my dh would have done the same ....this guy at work will think twice before doing that to another woman .

I think your oh was restrained! My husband would have knocked the guy out!

So did your husband actually resign you or just start your mat leave early? The guy (who hit you with the folder) is a knob. I hope your manager dealt with him. Good on your husband.

Omg, that guy who hit you is awful, hope he doesn't have a partner or wife he treats like that too. Your DH did the right thing though I'd be the same about him saying on your behalf you'd be starting maternity leave. But can understand why he did that.

Ps. At my work, there'd be a full blown investigation and the dude would probably be fired!

Oh wow! I think your oh was def restrained mine too would have knocked the guy out assuming I hadn't already done the task for him. You handled that much better than me cause I probably would have turned around and decked the guy! Good for you oh for standing up for you though! That's a great feeling! Enjoy your time off relaxing and prepping for your baby :)

Thanks ladies... I was resigning to go on mat leave anyway so it didn't matter much....

He would have knocked the guy out.... My dh is a big guy but he said he didn't wanna go to jail for it.... Which I'm very great full for coz I don't need that right now lol.

Plus I think it's more demeaning for a man to get slapped than punched haha

The guys a twat... I'm waiting from a call from hr dept Monday as I suspect they may fire the guy anyway...

Total knob... No one has the right to touch anyone.

He was always a wacko tho

That is ridiculous! Do you not have an HR department that you can speak to about this, this is a major HR issue! You can't have employees hitting someone (specially someone who is heavily pregnant), no matter how light they think they hit them! If anyone ever did this at my work they would be in a lot of trouble.

I love that your DH had your back....but it shouldn't have come to that.

Your manager needs to address the situation IMMEDIATELY, and you need him to go through disciplinary action.

You shouldn't be FORCED on maternity leave early as you were not planning on it, I defiitely think more needs to be done regarding the situation but I'd would be wary now as he could quite easily file charges against your DH.

He shouldn't be allowed to carry on and get away with it though - what an asshole....who does that?!

FYI, him making comments on your nipple size (and god knows what else) is both sexual discrimination & discrimination against pregnant women. This moron should really watch what he is doing/saying.

Edit, I am studying HR here in the UK, but found these laws in Aus (I am originally from Aus too & would not want this tool in my workplace!)

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/publ...sment-code-practice-employers-2008#amendments

If anything, he needs a good scare & should def lose his job. People like this really irritate me so much!

He can't press charges on my dh because he hit him with the folder first to show him how he hit me... Because he seemed to think it was ok because he didn't hit me with his hands.... So dh actions were self defence....

I'm not one to make a fuss and tbh I don't care what happens from here... They will probably sack him which is great for all my friends who I work with coz no one likes him... But I am over going back now...

Wow good for him! Your hubby did the right thing!

i agree with sue-88, i think its awful u feel forced to leave early cos someone is a d**khead !!!! he should so be fired, but in understand u dont need the stress of goin further on it right now. i think i would be so mad i still would but better for u and bub to let work deal with him adn hope he gets his just desserts.
he sounds like an absolute sh*t!!!

He can't press charges on my dh because he hit him with the folder first to show him how he hit me... Because he seemed to think it was ok because he didn't hit me with his hands.... So dh actions were self defence....

I'm not one to make a fuss and tbh I don't care what happens from here... They will probably sack him which is great for all my friends who I work with coz no one likes him... But I am over going back now...

I don't know how the law works in aus, but in the UK that's not how the law relating to self defence works, so here your DH could still be charged (just in case any UK girl's DH's try this). I do understand how it happened, though.

I'd be reporting him back when asking about nipple size - what a creep!

Enjoy your extra leave x

Wow good for your husband! My OH would definitely be in jail right now for knocking him out!

It's also probably a good thing your OH made a scene. It most likely ended up getting the ahole at your job fired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->