Hitting a pregnant woman!!! Now on leave!!!

wow! im glad you left the job, and ggod for your oh for standing up for you:)

I laughed so hard when I read your hubby smacked him in the face with the folder !! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy relaxing :)

Oosh go DH!! Lol. He's right though that guy was totally out of order and I think my DH would have done the same!!! Xxx

You have missed out on four weeks pay that you otherwise would have had. Please please write and complain to your company - you will easily be able to be paid this without having to work. There is no way you should be out of pocket because you were assaulted at work. I know you don't want to make a fuss, but four weeks pay is four weeks pay!

Uhm, I would have walked out the door after the Manager said they would "deal with it later." That is unacceptable and very unprofessional of your co-worker. Good for your DH! Mine would have done the same! Enjoy your leave! :)

That guy is a total a**hole!

I guess I'm in the minority here but I would kill DH if he went to my work and did something like that. I can stand up for myself (sounds like you can too). There are very few women in my field and i am always conscious of trying to prove myself and be tough.. so if DH came in to tell someone off it would basically ruin everything I've been working for my entire career. I would have to change jobs for sure. I think our workplaces are rather different though!

Haha what an awesome story :) glad dh stood up for u shows that when it comes down to it he would go to great lengths for u!

You have missed out on four weeks pay that you otherwise would have had. Please please write and complain to your company - you will easily be able to be paid this without having to work. There is no way you should be out of pocket because you were assaulted at work. I know you don't want to make a fuss, but four weeks pay is four weeks pay!

I am on casual ... I usually work full time but stepped down not long ago due to being pregnant and not knowing how Long I was gonna last... Casual employees aren't entitled to anything ... As it was my choice to step down I forfit my pay... I could go back and deal with it all and wait to see the outcome of hr Etc and get paid for it... But I reli don't need the stress right now and I'm over it... We didn't need the money I was just working for something to do so were quite lucky.

I work in a male dominated field as well... I have worked in this field and gained respect over a long time as well and I was pissed dh did what he did at first... Because I can handle myself... Always have done and I can dish it out just as hard... That's I think why my boss was going to let me deal with it... However if my dh said some chick was trying to touch him in appropriately or something like that I'd be close to stepping in... Especially if my child was with him... Guess its hard...

That field of work was tough for anyone let alone a female and I wasn't going back to it anyway so I guess that's why I'm not fussed...

Thanks for all your replies ladies...
Guess this has tought me just how much I really mean to my hubby.... He was really upset at the thought of someone making life tough for me and th fact he cares so much means a lot...men don't tend to show a lot of emotions... Well not most lol so it was Kind of nice

I am on casual ... I usually work full time but stepped down not long ago due to being pregnant and not knowing how Long I was gonna last... Casual employees aren't entitled to anything ... As it was my choice to step down I forfit my pay... I could go back and deal with it all and wait to see the outcome of hr Etc and get paid for it... But I reli don't need the stress right now and I'm over it... We didn't need the money I was just working for something to do so were quite lucky.

I work in a male dominated field as well... I have worked in this field and gained respect over a long time as well and I was pissed dh did what he did at first... Because I can handle myself... Always have done and I can dish it out just as hard... That's I think why my boss was going to let me deal with it... However if my dh said some chick was trying to touch him in appropriately or something like that I'd be close to stepping in... Especially if my child was with him... Guess its hard...

That field of work was tough for anyone let alone a female and I wasn't going back to it anyway so I guess that's why I'm not fussed...

Guess this has tought me just how much I really mean to my hubby.... He was really upset at the thought of someone making life tough for me and th fact he cares so much means a lot...men don't tend to show a lot of emotions... Well not most lol so it was Kind of nice

Sounds like a dodgy company to me anyway... If you were working full time
you should have been able to request part time hours (still receive benefits like sick pay & annual leave) rather than casual employment. I know you don't mind but I would be taking it futher, even if I didn't need the money just out of principle. Even though you are lucky enough to not need the money, money's money! I'd go for it and just stick it in the bank for a rainy day.

Well done for your DH for doing that, if my OH didn't i would be disappointed and angry at him. He did you a favor :) Now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and have a well earned break before LO arrives. x

Sounds like a dodgy company to me anyway... If you were working full time
you should have been able to request part time hours (still receive benefits like sick pay & annual leave) rather than casual employment. I know you don't mind but I would be taking it futher, even if I didn't need the money just out of principle. Even though you are lucky enough to not need the money, money's money! I'd go for it and just stick it in the bank for a rainy day.

The company is fine... One of the biggest in my state... I wasn't working for them ever under a full time capacity so they don't have any obligation to do anything. I was under another company full time... I was just doing full time hours until I'd had enough....

They've been quite accommodating actually.

Money means nothing to me. I'd rather be poor and happy than have money and miserable and chasing up something like that is just gonna cause me more stress.

It's hard because I work for a company where I work inside other companies if that makes sense... So I am not actually employed by the company where this guy works I am employed by a company affiliated with them I just work on their premises.

oh, thought you said you were full time not just doing full time hours. Enjoy your time off until bubs arrives!

Sorry should have clarified... He i was full time with my last company... Have been casual with this company since being pregnant as my last job was too hard pregnant I moved....

Sorry for confusion...

Thanks ladies... It was weird waking up this morning without having to go anywhere or do anything coz I have work tomoro haha

What an absolute IDIOT! Ur colleague not your hubby. Way to go hubs! Id hope my hubby would stand up for me like that. I cant believe when ur manager found out he/she didnt haul is arse in right there n then n give him a rollicking

Wow way to go to your hubby! He is awesome for doing that for you. That's lovely. :)

Your DH is a hero!!! Good for him, and enjoy the time off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->