hiya some advice needed.

zoehamp

mutha of 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
hello there. sorry for all your loses im goin through same thing at this time, monday i had my 12wk scan she was lokin around for about 5mins, then she said i need to do an internal scan, i cnt find a heart beat. so she did that scan and still couldnt find 1 and she said the baby stopped growin at 9 weeks 2 day, im wondering i never drank any water b4 i went in, i just kept my wee in for bout 30mins thinkin that was the full bladder, im wondering if that could of caused her not to se a heart beat, i have got a d and c booked for friday, i have been loosin brown stuff but not in much pain. i have had 2 children b4 1st was in june 2004 and second was in nov 2005, had my first miscarriage last august and my second 1 was march, and now this 1 has lost the wil to servive. im wondering do you think i have got a problem or have any of you's have gone to have a healthy pregnancie after 3 or more miscrriages

i would be most greatfull for your advice

:hug: didn't want to just read and run but can't offer you any advice as not in the same position as you.
I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you though

Hope everything works out ok x

Hi Zoehamp

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I had a similar thing when going for a 12 week scan (and baby had died at 10).

I think it is possible that they couldn't see properly when doing the transabdominal scan, but I am afraid that once they do the internal scan, they don't need your bladder to be full to get a good view.

The Royal college of obstetricians has a good leaflet on recurrent miscarriage that you may want to read:

https://www.rcog.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=720

It says on there that you should be referred for tests once you've had 3 miscarriages in a row, and if all those tests are normal, there is still a 75% chance that your next pregnancy is a healthy pregnancy.

Hope this helps. Thinking of you. x

I'm so sorry that I can't offer any advice, but I wanted to say I am so sorry for you loss.

Hi chick..Yes I have gone one to have a healthy pregnancy after 3 miscarriages so dont give up hope.They should offer you some tests now to see what has been happening. Chin up chick and good luck xx

so sorry for your loss, I had one too in Aug and its the worst thing, drinking the water wouldnt have made a difference in seeing the hb, sorry :hugs: xx

Hey hun, I have just had mc #3 with no previous successful pg and I am reading a book my Lesley Regan which was recommended to me. its very insightfull and does give a lot of info - I can send you info if you are interested. I would say it is worth speaking to gp about tests as they may not refer you automatically as you have had succuessful pregnancies. I am currently waiting to be refered to the consultant and have had a barrage of blood tests but they automatically did this as I have not been successful in carrying past 13 weeks so far. Keeping my fingers crossed for you hun xx

Sorry for your losses! :hugs:

I just wanted to say my mum had 3 miscarriages and miscarried my twin before having me and my sister. Keep hope! :hugs:

Hello, I had this before, it is called a missed miscarriage, basically the baby stopped growing but your body does not know, it still is producing hormones so if you took a test it would still say yes. I took one hoping the doctors were wrong. I went in at 10 weeks to hear the heart beat and they could not find it, then I had an ultra sound and they told me the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks 6 days and gave me a small window opportunity to try to let the MC happen naturally. I waited a week and a half and only spotted brown so I went and had a D&C. If you wait too long, you are at risk for an infection which in worse case scenario could lead to a hysterectomy. I wrote a lot of poems about a missed MC and did not understand it. I was told that it occurs only in 1% of MC but I have came across a lot of people who have had one. I am going to enclose a poem I wrote when I had mine.

I carry you inside me still
and wish that I knew why.
Because every time I reach for you,
all I do is cry.
For you are gone,away from me,
you left awhile ago.
The pain I feel inside my heart,
is for the love you'll never know.
My dear sweet baby, oh child of mine,
why did you go away?
I want you back, I need you so
why couldn't you just stay?
Was it something I had done?
or you weren't meant to be?
I wish I knew the answer why
because confusions killing me.
You'll be forever in my heart,
this I know is true.
And when I go to bed at night,
I'll always think of you.

I wish you the strength to get through this and the wisdom to know nothing you did caused this. I do not know if you are wondering about that but I did for a long time and had to understand on my own that nothing I could have done would have changed anything. If you need to talk PM me any time. Good luck with your D&C.

By the way, I got pregnant 4 months later and had a healthy baby boy 2 years ago. I had had a total of 4 MC before my son with the last one being my missed MC.

Hey, sorry to hear what your going through, it is one of the worst things ever.... But, there is hope I have 3 gorgeous boys 4, 3 and 11 months and due in again in March. I have had 3 m/c with the last being my son's twin....I know it is hard but try and keep positive, keep your chin up xxxx

A tiny hand we'll never hold,
a child without a name;
Your coos and giggles
won't touch our ears,
but we loved you just the same.
The twinkle in your little eyes,
was not for us to see;
we longed to hold you in our arms,
but it never came to be.
God now holds your tiny hand,
He's given you a name;
your coos and giggles grace Heaven's ears,
but we'll miss you just the same.
The twinkle in your little eyes,
now lights the sky at night.
God holds you close in loving arms,
you're always in His sight.
A tiny hand we'll never hold,
we have no reason why;
but we'll always hold you in our hearts,
even though we said good-bye.

'An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth and whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth." xxxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->