Hmmm... how to co-sleep away from home?

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
La has her cot next to the bed with the side down and we co-sleep like that - she's in her cot and in with me depending on if I fall asleep while feeding her in the night.

We're going away to meet some mummy friends for a weekend in a month (with lots of babies, should be great!) but I have no idea how to work the sleeping? I have a travel cot but obviously if she falls from the bed into that it's a bit different to her rolling into her cot at home like she normally does!!! Do I just resign myself to sitting up feeding her rather than our cuddly feeds for two nights?

How big a bed will you be sleeping in? Will either side of the bed be against a wall or could you push it there?

we stayed in a caravan when Ethan was little and were in one of those tiny doubles, i just popped a pillow by the side of the bed but he never fell out

Ooh squish you are clever - I forgot about that because husband is always on the wall side - I can just put her there and sleep with her all night!!! Thanks ladies!!

Perhaps look at getting a snuggle nest? It's what Edward sleeps in xx

Ignore my last suggestion, your LO would be too long for one xx

if you couldnt get the bed agaist the wall, maybe worth buying a bed rail and taking it xx
my lo still sleeps in his snugglenest so i dont have this problem yet but was wondering about an overnight stay july 31. he will probably be too big by then. And hubby will be with me.

We went up to DH's grandparents' when LO was a few weeks old. We just had him in the double bed with us. Neither of the sides were against the wall, but Jack sleeps either on me (on his tummy, head on my chest) or in the crook of either of my arms. I was very aware of him there and not worried he'd roll out or get squished by DH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->