Hmmm water breaking? or incontinence lol TMI

ChelliBelle

Our little Girl!
Reaction score
I woke up this morning at 5am with some cramping , contraction type pains coming every 10mins. . . Then at 6am I felt a gush come . . Then when I stood up more came down my legs and I had to grab a towel before sorting a pad.

The pains continued but didn't increase.

Anyway I called delivery and they told me to nip up and they would check. I continued to trickle.

However when she checked me she said that it wasn't my waters breaking? And that baby might have been pressing on my bladder?

I've continued to get contractions. . . Although no stronger or more frequent.

I don't doubt they are in a better knowledge than me. . . But I'm still leaking onto a pad. . . .

Anyone know if they get it wrong? She didn't check to see if I was dilated only said that she saw no fluid on the spectulum and that it normally pools??

Lol I know I might of peed myself. . .but something tells me it's not? Or am I just being hopeful?

Go to the hospital! With my first, my water broke and I was so afraid that I just lost bladder control but all the sudden the contractions got strong and fast!

I did go. . They sent me home as they said it wasn't my waters? But if not then I'm now incontinent because it's still coming. Contractions no more frequent or intense tho :/

i had the same at 40 weeks with DD, was told it wasn't waters so must be urine. mid pelvic floor exercise???? hummmmmmm it happened again on the ward and she got excited said it was my waters, but when i was in labour they had to break them

my thinking in my case and maybe yours is that your waters may be leaking but babys head is corking it, so when they examine internally it looks sealed

Right. . . I've gone through 2 pads and 2 pairs of trousers! Contractions are there but irregular. . . My girl is still moving tho so I'm not stressing.

I'm sorry midwife at the hospital I think your wrong lol . . . I couldn't be that incontinent surely? Lol

They can do an ultrasound to see how your fluid levels are. I would request that soon if you're still trickling because of the whole need to have the baby within 24 hrs after water breaking.

I'd call your own mv Hun and maybe try something to encourage contractions nipple stimulation etc

The morning I went into labor the nurses and the resident doctor at the hospital tried to tell me that my water didn't break after like 2 cervical exams and some test they did, which took over an hour and I was getting super agitated because my contractions were progressing fast! I KNEW I was in labor though...I told them they were wrong so they repeated the test again and finally said "Ohh so it appears your water did break, would you like some pain medication?" lol

That doesn't sound like pee hun! :haha:
I reckon the midwife that checked you out was wrong. I occasionally leak but it never gushes like that!

Well my contractions are steady and getting stronger at 15mins apart. . . And I leak a little when they peak! So I'm certain I'm in labour. I'm going to wait it out to see how they progress then I'll go back up when I can't take the pain or tomorrow morning, whatever comes sooner! But I'm going to call them again soon just for their advice.

I've no temp and she is still moving ok so Im not worrying about infection but I'll go up tomorrow morning regardless as that will be 24hrs. Cheers ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->