Hmph :(

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
First of all, hello everyone :flower:

My name is Lea. I'm 21 years old. I have a daughter called Tegan. She's 14 months old.

My partner and I decided we wanted to try for another baby, two months ago. We put our thinking caps on, trying to find a donor (since we are same sex). We found one, asked him, and he said yes.

Now here comes the harder part.. Two months on we are still waiting for him to get tested. (for stds etc). We were ready to try 2 months ago. I was temping, I'm taking all my vits and EPO, and I've O'd twice since we asked. We presumed he would be getting tested asap, but it seems he's taking his time. :shrug:
I understand he needs to be 100% ready, I just feel so disheartened about it :cry: Its like the wait is now indefinite. Until he gives the go ahead there is nothing at all we can do :(

I dunno if this is the right place to post this. I'm starting a WTT journal, since I am technically WTT. Hope none of you mind :hugs:

Welcome to WTT. Not having been in anything like your situation I have zero advice but :hugs: and I hope things work out soon.

:hugs: maybe he's not quite 100% ready yet hun and is trying to delay it? Im not sure how it works but could you start looking for a back up option just incase?

Hope is just nothing though and he gets his butt into gear for you!!

:hugs: maybe he's not quite 100% ready yet hun and is trying to delay it? Im not sure how it works but could you start looking for a back up option just incase?

Hope is just nothing though and he gets his butt into gear for you!!

Yeah thats how I'm feeling. I think I'm gonna bring up a back up with OH soon. The only problem is, the donor is an old friend of hers who she really wants to do this with (he will not really have any legal rights or an active role but would like updates etc) as she said she wanted to do it with a friend this time around. I think that is why she's not finding the wait as hard as I am. :wacko:

Welcome :D Sorry to hear about your complicated situation, I agree with polo_princess, always safe to have a back up plan, and your probably finding it the hardest because your broody hehe, is your partner into babies as much as you are? x I find my OH lacks any enthusiasm sometimes!

Fingers crossed everything goes well for you x

Yeah she is :) She is completely up for having another, but I am definitely the broodier of the two :lol:

I am definitely gonna bring up finding a back up plan soon. Oh and Plutosblue, I love your hair :D

Yeah she is :) She is completely up for having another, but I am definitely the broodier of the two :lol:

I am definitely gonna bring up finding a back up plan soon. Oh and Plutosblue, I love your hair :D

Oh good, yeah there is always one broodier than the other hehe.. But I guess thats a good thing in some ways, keep pushing girl hehe maybe she will kick his butt into gear!

:blush: and Thankyou very much for the comment on my hair.. :hugs:

Hey sorry to hear this how frustrating! Hope this all works out quickly for you!

:hugs: I hope he's just feeling a bit nervous and sorts himself out soon. Could your OH not have a chat with him?

:hugs: i can't offer much advice sweetie, but wanted to say hope your time in wtt passes quickly honey :hugs: xx

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think I just needed to write it all down and get it off my chest.

I'll bring it up with OH soon. I don't wanna upset her though, she loves the thought of having this guy do it and I don't wanna burst her bubble :(

:hugs: just wanted to say hi and wish you all the best and hope it all works out for you xx

I guess if it's important to her to have her friend be the donor then there's not much that can be done! Wonder why he's being slow? Is he your friend too? Like do you two ever hang around with him? Wonder if it could be dropped into conversation how excited you are and how you can't wait to have another? :)

Tegan looks so cute in your avatar! :hugs:

So...

Got a text from him yesterday. He went to get tested. It will take two weeks for his results to come in. And if they are clear (he thinks they will be.. only had a couple of partners) we will be trying next month :eek: I had myself all geared up for a wait until at least after Christmas..

Hopefully you wont have to wait to long for the results, it's crap not knowing for difinate what the time frame is going to be.

Hope it all works out for you! :happydance:
sorry if this is being nosey :blush: but did you also have your first child this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->