Hoarders

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Anyone watch the new one last night?

:sick: so many dead cats, sooo disgusting.

And the young guy I think he said there were at least 1,000 empty wine bottles in the house?? :shock:

My mum works in psychiatry and told me that hoarding is actually quite prevalent (I had no idea!) and my boyfriend said he's been to do work on apartments/houses where people live like that. They act like nothing's wrong/it's normal or they say "sorry about the mess!".

Eww...
I didn't watch it, cause I don't get the channel. But I'd probably be grossed out... especially since I'm like majorly anal about messes and clutter... so I could see myself definitely freaking out over the state of the house if that was going on.. Sick.

They removed 76 cats on day 1 from this woman's house and I think 40 something were alive the rest were dead, they found more dead cats the next day and they had to put down a lot of the cats that were found alive because they were ill :(

Im thick but what are hoarders?? People who arent very tidy I take it.

I couldn't watch it, wanted to but knew i wouldn't be able to.

Ewww no i wouldnt be able to watch something like that...

ive seen a few episodes.. it is crazy how some people can live.

I have seen them all. I PVR them and watch them a few times and yell at the screen lol.

I'm a hoarder. Granted, I'm not as bad as some cases, but I'm bad enough. You think that it's disgusting and sick just to watch it... well, it's no picnic to live it, either. We have to listen to the remarks and the name-calling and the embarrassment. It's a mental illness, folks.. not laziness or lack of caring. In a lot of cases, it can't be helped. Many hoarders are too embarrassed to seek help or they don't think it's as bad as it is. Luckily, I've been put on medication that helps a bit with it so I've managed to sort through some things and throw things away but I'm far from cured.

Still is disgusting to watch someone live in their own shit, dead animals, etc.
I realize that yes it probably would suck to have a mental illness, because I have a brother with severe schizophrenia and I am sure he has hoarding tendencies, but I think we still have a right to say the conditions they live in are disgusting.

Sure, you've got the right to say whatever you want. But we also have the right to defend ourselves against people that have no business passing judgment on something they know nothing about.

It is not passing judgement to say the living conditions are disgusting... its a fact. :shrug:

Its definately a metal illness....
looks like laziness but its not.................but can be very dangerous to the persons health ( ie garbage, mold, dust, rotten food ect.)

the TV show cleans up the mess but not too sure how well they treat the illness......hopefully they do provide counselling and not just for the couple of days they film the show.

OMG, did anyone watch tonights? I am in the middle of it right now. I cannot believe how much stuff that lady has in that huge house.

INSANE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"