Hold it for opk?

Savasanna

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first month back ttc after an ectopic in February and it's shocking how quickly we forget all the details of things we were such experts at just a few months ago!

Anyway - I'm having a hard time remembering whether I'm supposed to hold it for 4 hours before using an opk. I'm trying to make it to 2, but I have to go! :haha:

Thanks!

I have a rough time too, which is why I temp because I'm never positive if my OPK's are accurate...

I think 3 hours is fine, I've held it for 2 1/2 and had a positive OPK that day....

hey hun yeah they reccomend 4 hours... iv been doing the pee pee dance all day too lol :haha: Iv only made it to 2 hours throughout the day and got almost positives! I have finally made it to 4 hours (last pee at 1pm and its almost 5pm now) ... i swear as soon as i stand up though im going to have to run :haha: I really hope this one will be positive.. coz i swear if i have to do this again tomorrow ill probably burst lol xx

I can never seem to hold my pee for 4 hours :haha: I have heard 4 hours myself, but obviously they never had a female bladder lol.

I can never seem to hold my pee for 4 hours :haha: I have heard 4 hours myself, but obviously they never had a female bladder lol.

how true is that haha... i could cry :cry: my 5:15pm one was ALMOST positive! i have to hold again.. and then tomorrow :cry: lol

Yes! This sucks! Especially because I'm taking all the supplements I'm supposed to (a glass of water with each dose) and, oh yeah, for better fertile CM, drink lots of water. :dohh: :wacko:

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming though! I've actually hit the 4 hours (amazingly) but I'm trying to push it a little longer because I heard 2-2:30 is the optimal time to test. It's 1:24 right now. Whew.. 30 minutes to go!

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming though! I've actually hit the 4 hours (amazingly) but I'm trying to push it a little longer because I heard 2-2:30 is the optimal time to test. It's 1:24 right now. Whew.. 30 minutes to go!

eekk good luck hun! do the wiggle lol it helps.

redkat iv actually not taken any of mine today so i can try hold longer lol .. will take them shortly though! x

I have an alarm on my phone at 10am to go for my wee! Then hold til 2pm when another alarm goes off, then one for 20 minutes later when I can test the wee, then another one 5 minutes later when I can check the stick! I do nothing from about 12:30 - 2pm on OPK days other than sit down with my legs crossed and stare at the clock! :p First cycle I tested every day because I didn't know where I was up to, and it was hell! This time should only be about a weeks worth.

I have an alarm on my phone at 10am to go for my wee! Then hold til 2pm when another alarm goes off, then one for 20 minutes later when I can test the wee, then another one 5 minutes later when I can check the stick! I do nothing from about 12:30 - 2pm on OPK days other than sit down with my legs crossed and stare at the clock! :p First cycle I tested every day because I didn't know where I was up to, and it was hell! This time should only be about a weeks worth.

can i ask why you wait 20 minutes? xx

can i ask why you wait 20 minutes? xx

I use the one step ovulation tests and they say to wait 20 mins before testing for it to come to room temperature :)

ahhh thanks hun lol i was a bit confused there lol :hehe:

Well - here's to today's hold! It's only 10:10 and I already have to pee!! 1:30 seems like lightyears away!

i managed to get to 4 hours no problem today.. but i also hadnt drank anything at all! got a negative though :( im so confused about my opks... stupid things. need to do one more test before i goto sleep. got some more strips for my digi today to make it a bit easier.

I'm currently doing the pee dance at work....need to wait another 45 min to make it a 3 hour hold...can't wait longer than that.

I'm actually hoping to see the line get lighter (thinking I missed my serge on Sunday since I forgot to test) so that I can say today for sure is O day. Temp dipped and had AF cramps last night and some weird stabbing pains this morning).

Ladies, what do you think? I hate asking this, but I could have sworn with the temp drop and feelings I was having I would O today, but it looks like they are getting darker. I have one left for tomorrow so is it safe to assume I will probably O on Thursday? The one from today (CD12 2PM) for some reason looks darker in the pic....but that's still negative, isn't it?

opks.jpg

Yea - I think that's still negative. I'd say you still haven't surged yet so maybe you'll o tomorrow or even Friday? It's so hard to tell with these tests. One time I got a positive on a Wednesday (or Thursday? I don't remember, it was back in December) and I didn't actually ovulate until the following Tuesday. It was bizarre.

I'm gearing up for my four hour hold today. What do you ladies think about this - I've had temps of 97.3 pretty consistently this cycle. Over the past weekend they went up to 97.5 twice. Today my temp jumped to 97.7, but I haven't had a +opk yet. Do you think the 97.7 is my temp hike and I already ovulated? I hope not because my donor is arriving tonight so if I ovulated yesterday (which would be SUPER early for me, AND I've always had a +opk in the past so I"m not one of those people who never gets a positive) I'll be out of the game before I even start.

Or do you think that's not enough of a temp difference to be ovulation?

I guess we'll just wait and see what today's opk says. Hopefully it's darker than yesterday!

OH - also Beachy - I've found that the cycles where I tested twice a day really weren't super helpful for me because the earlier tests were always so different than the later ones so I really couldn't compare them with each other. I found I was only comparing the 1pm tests with the 1pm tests and the 8pms with the 8pms.

I can stop holding now! phew! either i just missed my actual surge or the test i did on the 28th was my positive but theyv gone back to almost nothing today and had a little cramping on my right last night and this morning. so i presume o will be today or tomorrow.

Thanks Savasanna! I only have one OPK left for today, so I'm hoping it's a positive. If not I think it's safe to assume I could have gotten my serge last night. Today I'm having some sharp stabbing pains in my abdomen area and my temp is starting to go back up since that weird LOW temp yesterday. My average O time is CD12, but I believe I did O once CD13 and once even on CD15...hoping today is O day as we DTD again last night.

I've noticed my cycle temps are never really the same. If you check out my chart you can see I've had some pretty significant jumps pre-O this cycle...I would say you haven't ovulated yet, but to be safe keep BDing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->