Holding it at school

kel21

Reaction score
My son has just informed me that he does not go pee at school...at all! He gets on a bus in the morning at 7 am and gets home off the bus at 4pm! He has had 2 accidents on the bus, but I had no idea he was holding it all day! I learned to do that in high school, but that was because I went to a rough school and bad things happened in the bathroom! He is only in kinder! Does anyone elses kid do this, and have there been physical problems because of it? (He is still a bed wetter!)

It can really cause serious damage to hold it in. It can cause infection too. Did you ask him why he's holding it? If there is a problem with the bathrooms I think you should speak to the school about it.

I don't think there is a problem in the bathrooms at school (we don't live where I grew up) and they have a private bathroom in his classroom! I did ask him, and he told me he just doesn't have to go during the day! I think there is more to it than that! I guess I will just have to talk to his teacher! Thanks for the reply!

Hi, my son used to do this hold it in all day at school and would be absolutely wetting himself on the way home (little dribbles) he has a one to one though with being in a wheelchair and I had a chat with them and made sure they took him at various points during the day even to just try and eventually he bagan using the toilet in school. Perhaps talk to the teacher and if she or a TA could encourage him to go to the toilet at different intervals during the day he could see it is not that bad and gradually he will do it of his own accord.

My son does this as he says the toilets at school are very dirty and there is wee all over :/

maybe he does it because he doesn't want to miss out the fun.

Not saying your child has it at all, but it is common for kids with ADHD to hold it until at the last minute.

It sounds like he doesn't want to miss anything. I'd have a word with his teacher and see if they can really encourage him to go at least at lunchtime.

I did this when I was in kinder and 1st too. It was because I didn't like the bathrooms. I went to an old private catholic school and the bathrooms were in the basement. I would go into the bathroom during b-room breaks and just stand there by the sink. Sometimes I would wash my hands, but I never used the toilets. I grew out of it in 2nd grade when I was switched to the public school.

Your son will probably grow out of it. Do they have bathroom breaks during class? Ask the teacher about it too.

edit - I thought of maybe he is scared to use the bathroom in the classroom because he knows just outside the door are tons of kids? It could make him nervous?

I did this when I was in kinder and 1st too. It was because I didn't like the bathrooms. I went to an old private catholic school and the bathrooms were in the basement. I would go into the bathroom during b-room breaks and just stand there by the sink. Sometimes I would wash my hands, but I never used the toilets. I grew out of it in 2nd grade when I was switched to the public school.

Your son will probably grow out of it. Do they have bathroom breaks during class? Ask the teacher about it too.

edit - I thought of maybe he is scared to use the bathroom in the classroom because he knows just outside the door are tons of kids? It could make him nervous?

That is a possiblility!

my 5 hyr old does this. he gets home and were racing to the toilet.
he had a water infection as a baby so ia m aware of the damage it can cause as he had to have kidney scans for it and it worries me sick itll happen again. he also comes home with a full bottle of water!! ive told him and the teachers but dont know what more to do.

he says that everyone can see them on the toilet which is why he wont go. yet if were out and about he wants to sample every toilet going!!

im hoping its a phase and he will grow out of it.

I remember doing this my first year of school and it was because the bathroom that was next to the classroom was always filthy and I hated using it.

I did that as a kid and now i have to cope with IBS and its painful. :( I hope he grows out of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->