Holding out?

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So when we had Brenn, I had a list of boy and girl names that we were considering. Aside from my best friend I did not tell names to peole I know. There were a couple of reasons.

1. We couldn't decide on a name before we met our child. It just didn't feel right. I had to meet my baby and see what name fit. It was odd because before I had him, I had a boy and a girl name that I had since high school and the boy name certainly didn't fit. It took us two days after Brennan was born to decide on his name.

2. because I didn't want to hear if someone didn't like it or how a boy/girl of that name was horrible to then at elementary school, ect.

anyone else holding out on their baby's name? Or are my DH and I the only odd ones?

I've got a boy name and a girl name that I love, I'm not telling a bloody soul what they are!

I don't know anyone by these names, but I know as soon as I tell anyone, their hamster will have my perfect baby name by that night!

You're definitely not alone there hun!

We wont be telling anyone our names.

I did tell people on our 1st and then that person used it for their baby born a few weeks before ours! and alot of people critisised so i think i will keep it hush next time.

I'm dying to tell what our names are....we have 3 potential girls and 2 boys ust in case one doesn't fit. But we're holding off telling anyone as, at the beginning of the pregnancy we did tell and people made comments and we have had to find new names to replace them. :hissy:

we're not telling anyone. I've heard far too many people critising other people's choice o name before baby arrived and don't like to think people are discussing our choices. It's hard enough choosing as a name as it is without added stress.

Also - I think it's much nicer for family and friends for it all to be a complete surprise when baby comes especially as it's 1st grandchild on both sides of the family.

That's just our choice though and sometimes I would love to have a good chat about names etc with someoen but I know we'l be happier keeping it quite in the long run.

We didnt tell anyone our baby names last time round and wont be doing it this time either :)

Once I'm pregnant my husband and I wont tell people what name with are going to use until birth as we don't want peoples opinions. A few people know names we like right now but once we make a pretty definite decision I don't think we'll tell people.

We have names picked for children, and will tell on forums, but in RL our families will not know until the very very end or when the baby is born :)

With my two no-one except me and OH knew the names...except with paige i told my best friend when we went for a meal...didn't really count though as Paige was born 6hrs later:lol:

The OH and I have decided on one name for a girl or boy and we aren't telling anyone this time around. We shared some of our favourites the last time with family and they got shot down in flames and really put us off so this time we're keeping it to ourselves. Once the baby is here and named no-one would say anything negative (I hope!)

we did! we had three choices for maddi and we told my mum and my nan, but that was it, we too wanted to see what fitted for her.

our choices were caitlyn, regan and maddilynne, she was always middle name hope though! i still love regan and caitlyn, and from school i was always going to have a little caitlyn so maybe that will be no 2 if we're lucky enough to have another! x

With my first I only picked the one name....I only told my mother which name I liked and noone else...not purposefully hiding it but I just said I wanted to see baby first. As it happens it suited him perfectly (we hadnt known it was a boy).
I have many names now that I like but I wont decide finally til baby is here and then I am sure one will just "fit"...unlikely to tell anyone in 'real' life what those names are :)

We didn't tell anyone at all, a few names got scratched from the list because of things people said without realising but we wanted it to be our choice completely and didnt want people to ruin it - or knick it either because we really wanted an unusual name.
Very happy we didn't, we won't even tell people what was on our short list or what the name would have been for a girl (except one which was probably the front runner but i've since gone off it because I've noticed it's a bit popular) Although not an issue in either of our familys, i know it is in a lot of other peoples, the whole thing of names being passed down and who's do you take - who is left out etc IYKWIM?

We have a shortlist, it's not actually that short right now, 9 girls names and 9 boys names! :rofl: But we're planning to whittle it down between now and the big day to hopefully 2 or 3 of each.

We haven't told a single person any of the names on our list because a. There are a lot of people we know who are pregnant right now and due at a similar time and i don't want to risk anyone 'stealing' a name! and b. I can't be doing with people's negative reactions or "Oh i knew someone with that name and he/she was horrible" :dohh:

So yep it's totally top secret! Most people seem to be able to respect that but others are asking already "Have you picked a name" so i just keep saying to them "Oh not yet..."

In reality both OH and i already have favourites from the shortlist so if it were suddenly november and LO was here i have a good idea what we'd pick but we're keeping our options open in case we change our minds or he/she doesn't suit the name.

definately not telling anyone...i have a couple of girls names..one we really love and a couple of boys names but wont be telling many people!!! when we first got BFP we liked Phoebe and Alfie, told SIL and she was like 'i know loads of Phoebes and dont like Alfie!!!' we have different names now as i was instantly put off them!!!!

xxx

We had our perfect girls name picked out OH told his uncle and partner and guess what they used it as they had a baby first- it was exactly the same- first and middle name.

I got my revenge though :devil: we were talking to them recently about getting a puppy and I said 'I think I'm going to call it ****, I've always liked that name for a dog' Ooh the picture on their faces was so funny. :happydance:

We have names picked for children, and will tell on forums, but in RL our families will not know until the very very end or when the baby is born :)

Same here. From now on to our friends and family we will be keeping very quiet. As we have already received critisism with our choice, so will be keeping them quiet until our l/o is born and named! Will share them on here with you guys though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->