holding the bottle?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
When did your LO start to hold their own bottle?
I dont think Colton is quite old enough yet but I've been 'testing the waters' and just placing his hands between mine and the bottle to see if he would just keep his hands there. He gets very frustrated at me :lol: He wants to keep his hands/arms just flopped over.
He hold a toy well though (like his rattles), so I didn't know if it would be long after he started doing that, or what?

Charlie never did hold his bottle!!! He took to a cup great, but for some reason, he reverted back to ickle baby status whe having his bottle and just laid there being waited on!! :rofl:

He's actually only dropped his night-time bottle a couple of months ago, and even at 18 months was still not holding it!:dohh:

about a year - 15 months I think. I dont try because Katie wouldnt suck the bottle if I wasnt holding it. :D

Charlie never did hold his bottle!!! He took to a cup great, but for some reason, he reverted back to ickle baby status whe having his bottle and just laid there being waited on!! :rofl:

He's actually only dropped his night-time bottle a couple of months ago, and even at 18 months was still not holding it!:dohh:

aww! :D
my little cousin is almost 11 months old and she holds her own bottle really good, but she likes to be held like a small baby when eating. lol. Like you hold a baby when you are holding their bottle, ya know? She still has to be held like that. It's cute, because she is SO big!

I keep trying with Colton. I just finished feeding him his bottle. He did better than he ever has before at keeping his hands between the bottle and my hand but he was also half asleep.. :rofl: I dont think he had the energy to fight me, or even knew what he was doing. He has been up and very awake the last 2-2.5 days, so I think he is just konked right now. :sleep:

callum will hold his bottle for a short while.

Caitlin holds the bottle for a lil while too. OH started putting her hands on the bottle whist he held it months ago although she plays the 'lets tae it out & try put it back in' now & then which results in a small feed :dohh:

Ryan will hold his bottle when he's in 'the right mood'. If he holds it whilst I'm holding it, I can let go and he'll just take over from me and feed himself. Or if he's having it in car seat/bouncy chair/pushchair, he'll just take it from me. x

kacy was holding her own bottle about 3 and a half months, maybe three months, but she has always been inderpendent little madam.

Thomas started holding his bottle at about 9 months i think...its really cute when they feed themselves.

Mase can hold it for about 5 minutes then he gets bored lol and expects to be waited on! xx

It's good to know that some babies held it early. I thought about stopping the hands between mine and bottle thing because he is so young still, but I think I will keep at it. And every now and then I have let it go and he still holds it. I dont do it for very long because he will drop the bottle when he gets bored and wants to reach for something else. But he has held it for a short time.. long enough for us to get a picture on my phone, lol.

Charlotte started on a bottle at around 7 months and from 8 months Tom was using a cup in a random sorta way and at that point Charlotte was definitely holding the bottle. I used to strap her in a bouncy chair for her bottle and hold Tom on my knee with his cup and wavy arms!

Oliver's been attempting to from a fairly young age but now he's 6months he can hold it for a short while and manage to get the teat in his mouth..well he sometimes misses and pokes his eyes out lol..but he hasnt managed to be able to tip it up enough to get the milk in his mouth lol. x

Angelynn tries very hard!!! She'll put her hands on the bottle but gets too lazy after. But I know she will be holding it soon!! We are always putting her hands on it and sometimes she'll hold it for a couple seconds. We're workin on it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->