• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holiday with a 1 month old, a 16 month old and a nearly 4 year old?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Would I be crazy? This year the one thing I really wanted to do was get away on a holiday, even just a short break.

Circumstances being what they are, and baby arriving right in the middle of summer, it's been difficult, but there's now a small chance that we'll be able to get away for a few nights in September. Baby is due 8th August so will be here by the latest 23rd August. We would be looking at going away w/c either the 9th or 16th of September. By that point I would be discharged from MW and hopefully pretty much mended. Baby is going to be in the feeding on demand stage so shouldn't actually cause many issues apart from at night, but I'd have hubby there to field the other 2 and what they need.

It would be a 4 night M-F, probably to Yorkshire (back to the homeland! lol) in a static Caravan. We have everything and I think it would be good for us. I don't however want to get my hopes up if it's going to be an impossibility.

I'm already pricing up for next year so I can work out a payment schedule to actually get our late June fortnight away that we've been trying to have for the past 4 years....it's just never happened. Determined to take my 3 children away next year properly if it kills me! I just think I'm going to go mad if I don't get away at least for a couple of nights this year. It's what my sanity needs.

Would you do it?

If you aren't going to be leaving the country or traveling to far, I can't see it being that much different from being at home so I would say go for it if you think you'll be up and ready for it.

Honestly.... I wouldn't. I'm all for travelling with my babies (I have 3) and they love to get away and sleep in new beds etc but only being a month old is very little. You have no idea what type of birth you might have and the stress of going away might be too much when you have a tiny baby.
Imagine baby was born late, by C-section. You would still be struggling to walk straight lol I've been there!

My baby is 8 months so I'm not so far past that stage. Of course, you know best when it comes to your children but baby may not be sleeping, probably wont be in a routine etc etc.

At that stage all I wanted was my own bed and a cup of tea, not a suitcase to pack and a bed in a caravan. But I get your desire to get away. I just wouldn't be able to do it but you might x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->