Holiday with a 3 & 1.5 year old!

hanni

Reaction score
We've booked 2 holidays this year (we may regret it!)
At the time our eldest will have just turned 3 and our youngest will be 1.5.

Ones a 5.5 hour flight and the other is only 2. Give me all the advise you can entertainment wise please! Any tips or tricks to make this easier.

I'm taking a stroller for the youngest to use but will I need one for the eldest? He's not a great walker as he gets breathless easily.

Any experiences and advice would be most appreciated 😊

For the plane- I pad and snacks! We load ours with tv programmes they like and keep the snacks coming!! Ha ha. My ds2 was being awful the last time and I sat him next to an older couple with the rest of us across the aisle!!
we've only taken one pram the last couple of holidays so ds2 was about 18 months when we last used it. But we only go for leisure walks on holiday so just as far as they want to walk and my boys are very good walkers. We will still be taking one for dd this yr who will be 2.5 and the good thing is that if dd isn't sitting in it then ds2 could. All depends on the child really and what you're going to be doing.

Agree iPad and a snack box with different snacks in each compartment... you can even include little colouring books etc. We've Never taken a pushchair for ours past 2.5 years but all mine have been good walkers, you know him best- you might find it handy if he wants a nap in the airport or if you are out on an evening?

We went away when kids were exact same age. We had a 5 hour flight. On the way there we were lucky that the flight co incided with youngest nap time. She napped for maybe 2-3 hours then woke up had something to eat and was only around an hour left to entertain her for. For oldest I wrapped up loads of cheap presents just from Poundland etc that he got to open, I think every 30mins. That kept him enter5ained. We didn't take a pushchair for oldest but we wished we has as on a night it would have been useful for him to sleep in whilst we were out. It was actually way less stresfull than I thought it would be we had a great time. Flight home was a night flight and they both slept the whole flight home. Enjoy your hols.

I don‘t have any tips (yet?) but we‘re also travelling in may with our then 18 month old.
It‘ll be a 12 hour overseas flight so we sure are in for a challenge but I‘m sure it‘ll be worth it. Hopefully haha

I‘m definitely using all the tips already posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"