holidays and black friday!

LovingYou

Karinna and Willow's mom
Reaction score
What do you enjoy most about the holidays?

I love the chilly weather :cold: and being able to turn the heat on.

Idk why but i just love walking into a store and seeing holiday decorations and smelling the scents of christmas candles. I get excited!

I love being able to spoil karinna with presents

Having an excuse for gaining a little weight (thanksgiving and christmas dinners) plus I'm pregnant and craving food like theres no tomorrow!

AND BLACK FRIDAY! Who's going shopping? what do you plan on buying?

We all have a big family dinner on thanksgiving and then my sis in law and i start looking through the magazines and store ads for sales after dinner to plan our night. Theres a huge mall here that opens at midnight so we start there and usually leave there around 3:30 am. Then we head to target around 4am to wait for them to open at 5. After target we stop at a couple other stores around town.
Last year i didn't get home until 9am from shopping all night. I think i was awake like 40 something hours straight lol. thank god for starbucksssss

I plan on buying karinna a pink radio flyer trike on black friday, and definitely some clothes from gap/american eagle/childrens place/carters. Plus whatever amazing sales come my way... i go overboard on Black friday :D

Welllllllll I will be working Black Friday, DEFINITELY NOT midnight though, probably a morning shift, though I don't really mind working BF, this is the 6th one I have worked and its just another day to me & if Arianna's trike that I want to get her is on sale Black Friday I might brave Toys R Us to get it.

I love the same things you do about the holidays, everyone seems so much friendlier around these months and I love to see family :)

Whats Black Friday?

I love winter, and Christmas, i love the Christmas 'feel', wrapping up warm when its cold outside but most of all STARBUCKS CHRISTMAS DRINKS!

Anna, Black Friday is the day after US Thanksgiving. It's supposed to sort of 'kick-off' Christmas Shopping season. Most stores have early bird specials... & shoppers can get pretty aggressive. People have literally died while shopping on black Friday. :wacko:

I LOVE the holiday season. :D we do the same rhino after dinner-- go through the Ads & map out our battle plan. I usually hit Kohl's when they open and try to get clearance clothes, and then go to our mall, which usually opens around 3am. DH and I have a tradition of getting subway at 6am every year, lol. Last year my birthday actually fell on Black Friday. :lol:

What do you all do with LO's? Who keeps them while you're out? I don't know if DH and I can go out this year, since it's not just us this year. We've only left her once since being born, and that was for HarryPotter7. Maybe my mom will keep her this year. *hopeful*

we don't have black friday. it honestly scares me . I remember hearing a story of a man who died because when the doors opened to a store people push him on the ground and all stepped on him :(

in canada we have boxing day its the day after christmas and its when all the stuff you paid alot for ,for someones gift isnow on sale :haha:

Yeah, people literally get trampled on, its sort of crazy, lol. The mall I work at officially opens at midnight, but a lot of stores open anywhere between 9pm-11pm Thanksgiving night to keep crowds under control.

I LOOOOOOVE Black Friday! We go every year:thumbup: We usually look at the adds on thanksgiving night and then start as early as possible.

I once had a little ride-on car for jovanni in my cart and this lady took it out and I went up to her and took it away and said "excuse me but this is mine!" she looked at me and said "oh i thought it wasnt no ones" OH was laughing and said "poor lady she doesnt know not to mess with you when you havent been asleep for more than an hour" (i was at walmart since 10pm and the specials started at 12am :haha:)
But other people do get very violent its not recommend you take your children with you,You get push every 5 minutes!

we don't have black friday. it honestly scares me . I remember hearing a story of a man who died because when the doors opened to a store people push him on the ground and all stepped on him :(

That happened to a woman two years ago in a Walmart. The doors opened, everyone rushed to the electronics, and she got trampled. :nope: Unbelievable! I cant imagine who would need a sale that badly, that they'd run on top of someone... I mean, they HAD to notice her, I'm sure?

Hotbump- :rofl: Crazy bitch! Sadly, I'm not even surprised someone would do something so dumb.
& definitely. I would never take my children out on BF.

People get excited and dont think thats why accidents happen....like people will go crazy for the 51" flat screen tv for $458 at walmart this year

I'm pretty calm on BF. I mean, I like the sales, but a big part of me just likes just going out on Black Friday. There have been times that we come home after only spending maybe $20 (including breakfast). I like the feel of the morning... Nooo idea why, lol.

I watch people get angry, frantic, annoyed, etc... and it's kind of humerous. :lol:

From a retail perspective, really I'd say about 80-85% of the customers are nice, but the ones who are assholes are ASSHOLES. I get bitched at for the most random things ever. Things that I can't even fix or have anything to do with, lol.

This time (since i live somewhere else) im going to different stores but oak cliff stores are a nightmare! People take things out of your cart and push like you wouldnt believe ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->