Holidays...

smiler123

Reaction score
Hi! Please help!

We are off to Malta for a week on 14th June. What would you suggest we pack for a very mischevious 12 month old?

Also is SPF 30 enough for Sun Cream or Higher?, Can Trunki go in Hand Luggage or do it have to go in the hold? and Finally, Any Ideas for Toys for him that dont take up too much room?

Any help will be appreciated as I'm most certainly in a pickle!

x:wacko:

Does he like drawing? We are going away next week to Butlins, buts its quite a drive away from us so we are taking colouring books and crayons. I think the Trunki is hand luggage :thumbup:

What is he into toy wise? x

Thanks, he likes drawing but soon loses interest and go off to do something else but think crayons and papaer may be a good shout! Hes into Trains, Trains and more Trains!

Fingers crossed about Trunki :) :thumbup:

We use SPF50 :) we're packing lots of drawing stuff, stickers, magazines, some small figure toys, she has a leapfrog tag jr that we're taking too. Im not too concerned about her being bored whilst there, its more for the flight.

I would just take some trains as hand luggage in the trunki then :thumbup:

Have a lovely holiday :)

We always use SPF50 and lots of it. Sun suits are also great!

Trunkis are hand luggage :thumbup:

We went to Valencia when Els was a similar age and I sneaked lots of toys in his pram bag that went in the hold ;) We took books and a few of his favourite bigger toys at the time. He did appreciate having his toys there but a lot of time was spent with me and Dada and exploring the surrounding area.

We've got 2 sunsuits to tide us over anyway but my hubby picked up the wrong suntan lotion so looks like will be off to buy some more SPF50 later!

Very excited that Trunki is hand luggage as was worried it would be put in the hold and chucked around by the baggage handlers!

Also, do you think we should we take his milk and cereal? Thought we could buy it from Boots after check in?!

We never had to think about milk as Els was still exclusively breastfed them. We just used whole milk from the local supermarket for breakfast etc when we were over there and never had a problem. Same with cereal...you could buy most English cereals in bigger supermarkets in Valencia.

I did have his snack box for the plane but we flew very early in the morning and he just shared bits of what we had to eat.

I guess it just depends what resources are available to you when you get to Malta (I've never been).

Have fun!

We're off to Cyprus on the 17th and are taking:

SPF50 (Water Babies spray) x 3, a shadeababe for the pushchair and will hunt out shade a lot.

Toys - We bought a few things from ELC that are light to pack and will take her stacking cups, cuddlies that she likes, skittles and ball etc. Not much really as we can buy stuff there if needs be.

It depends on who you fly with but if we took a Trunki, that would be classed as Molly's hand luggage on our flight.

We're taking the following luggage: Hand and hold for DH, Hand and hold for me and hand, hold and pushchair for Molly.

Ive got:

SPF 55 x2

Hand and hold luggage for Jessica as well as for me, my son, and OH, plus her pushchair, a parasol, and a little inflatable seat/lilo type thing she can sit in so we dont have to hold her in the water all the time.....god knows how its all gonna fit in one car! :wacko: I do think the trunki counts as 1 hand luggage.

Toys: We`re only taking smallish things that will fit in her suitcase, stuff like a little toy laptop, a few cuddly toys, little rattle type things.

We are off to Lanzarote in 2 wks - Anna's 3rd trip abroad!

With the big holiday agents, Thomas Cook, Thomson, First Choice, an infant has a 10kg baggage allowance (hold) but no hand luggage allowance. So if you took a trunki it would have to go as your hand luggage or pay for another bag to take on.

We use factor 30 with Anna -she is never in direct sun but we still use it. And the one bottle that we used on her first trip is still half-full!!

We took everything with us, milk, nappies, wipes, food etc. Prices in Majorca and Portugal for some of these items were around 4 times the price here!!:flower:

As far as toys to pack - Megan does really well w/ stickers vs. crayons & they take up no room at all in your purse. I always have them with me along w/ a small notepad that is for her coloring & stickers. Another thing that she likes is for books I bring along only a few that have busy flaps & things in them - she gets less bored w/ those since she doesnt have her whole library collection along. Also magnadoodle type things - the ones w/ water in the pen - very lightweight as well as fun.
I would pick up a few new toys that your toddler hasnt seen before - just the newness of them will hold interest for longer.

We are going on vacation in a few weeks - but driving. So having to keep her entertained for hours in the car without packing the house :thumbup:

We've recently been on a 1 week holiday to Corfu.

We took some of Harry's toys from home as well as new ones. We also took some small things that he could play with whilst he was sat in a high chair in restaurants. Stickers were a life-saver.

One thing that I wasn't sure about taking, but DH insisted on was the laptop with some films on it. That proved invaluable! I honestly don't know what we'd have done with it.

Re the SPF... we have always used SPF50 on Harry, but then he is so pale and has my skin type (e.g. would burn sat next to a 40W light bulb... then peel). So I have never wanted to run the risk of him burning.

However, buying the suncream and applying it to a wriggly child are two completely different things. I suggest buying one of those sunsafe suits - we got one for Harry - it consisted of long shorts, long sleeved top and cap with neck/ear cover, and all of it offered SPF50 protection which was great because we only had to put suncream on the exposed areas which were small.

I also forgot to say (caggi just reminded me!)......we plan to take one of our iphones with Peppa Pig on it...somehow I think that will invaluable too, she loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->