Hollie 13/12/09 - 9 days late

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
Warning now it is long, ive started it from the sweep i had.
May be spelling mistakes, had to rush it.

Had sweep on 11th December 11:45am, (8 days over) cervix wasn’t fully affected, was facing the back despite that 2cm. Had tiny bit of blood within an hour or so, told was expected. Few hours later more of a pinky mucus. No real pains as such, just bit discomfort.

Come 7:20pm on Friday evening started get some tightening, didn’t think much of it. They were irregular 5-20mins apart. 10pm started to pick up on strength having to partly breathe them away. Got to sleep for around 20mins woke up, to be sick then started to pains, in-between every 10min pain I was throwing up, this continued for an hour. I then went to the loo other way, had a rather large mucus show. Pains settled down to 10-12min apart. Around 1:50am got really intense I couldn’t lie on my back so i had to get up pains were coming every 7-10mins lasting 30-70secs. So time by 5:45am i decided to trying get a kip got just under 2hours. Pains were about 10mins apart once id been up for a bit but very mild and nothing to them. I kind of thought just a false alarm happening again, hour so later had a bath got dressed headed out for a walk and bit of shopping. Day just went by like any other, nothing major happening.

Got to around 7:20pm on Saturday evening few pains, only mild off and on i really didn’t think was going to go into labour any time soon. Decided to go up bed around 10pm (Thankfully amber stopped night over at her grandparents *in case*) me & OH agreed to try get things moving bit further. About 20mins after all was done started to get a pain, not so mild. They started coming 10mins apart, switched TV off around 11:15pm tried to sleep, the pain was getting bit much for me on my back again, so must been around 11:15pm i got up had sit on side of the bed, rocking back and forth, i gave my mam a text to tell her i was in pain again, her reply being “shes playing games with you again” They were still at 10mins apart. Come 12am they picked up on strength and coming around 7-8mins then about 20mins later was every 3 -5 mins. I Got up go to loo, started coming quicker and stronger, this was when i really lost my plug, it shocked me, it was hugeeeee, it was literally never ending also bloody. I started feel sick, be sick. Decided to tell OH, he was half asleep didn’t believe me, went back to sleep so i went through another 4 contractions then went up to him said look you need to get up and help me sort things out, this baby is coming... he eventually got up, wasn’t in best of mood for being woke up. Gave him few instructions to do a few things i just waited in bathroom for a bit. Think coming near to 1am, i said you need ring hospital and tell them whats happening, he rang up came upstairs asking me what i wanted to do, i said i want to go in i need gas and air. Seemed to take me about 20mins to get down the 2 flights of stairs, i was keen on getting in the car i knew it was going hurt 10mins worse (actually weren’t too bad) got to hospital around 1:30am was told i had to go to triage, got there told wait in the waiting room (My face literally dropped!) Was someone already waiting in there they didn’t smell very fresh.... am having painful contractions for a 1 min every 4mins infront of a smelly stranger, hated it. I started to throw up badly, so OH had go find someone, probably been waiting 15mins. Finally got took in a mini ward, baby HB, BP stuff were checked, had try jump on bed and get checked when wasn’t having a contraction, i was told to be 4cm, i was happy it was more than day before i was expecting alot more considering the strength and speed they were coming at. Got sorted got dressed was taken to a delivery room.
I got changed, was offered G&A happily took it. Potted around the room, tried to avoid going to the loo as G&A wouldn’t reach, decided to use the G&A as much as possible, i couldn’t get it started at right time for the highest pain point of the contraction, lol. It worked sometimes not on others. Plug continued to come away. The hours seemed to pass really quickly so i was pretty happy to be honest. I asked midwife what time id be checked again said half 6. 6am came by quickly, i started to really feel pressure building up, having a slight urge to push. This started to get worse, as did the contractions, i was climbing up the walls, G&A was doing nothing bare making me throw up every 20-30mins. I got midwife to check me at 6:15am ish told me i was 8cm i was upset, i was in soo much pain and urge to push just getting worse, i asked if be to late have pethidine said it would probably just slow it down so just had to try and cope, my god was i finding it near impossible, trying to stay as calm and relaxed was difficult. I asked if she would break my waters get it going quicker but she declined, said better for them to break on there own. Midwife shift change over, she came in said her hi’s told me lady just given birth in the car park, how lovely.

Anyways, she wanted to check heartbeat but wanted me lie on the bed... like you joking, i can’t lie there, in end the i some how did, probably took about 10mins contractions felt be 1min apart. Got checked, told her i keep getting such an urge to push, she suggested i get on my knees on bed lie over the top bit, took me another 10/15mins to get in this position, just made the urge even worse... think this is point i completely lost it, i burst into tears, just wanted it over with (I remember reading about this lil phase in my books just before you hit that 10cm’s) Midwife turned around and said, if you want to push go ahead.... said will break my waters, said no better for them to break on there own again, i was there wondering how on earth can i push without my waters breaking, just didn’t make sense.

I started to get big screamy soon after this, contractions were on top of each other, just wanted to push didn’t feel right with my waters still there also felt like other things were happening lol In the end i gave in started to push, i will admit i started to shout on, it felt soo different to pushing with amber, i say all done to fact they wouldn’t break my waters. I dunno what time i started pushing, but only felt to have gone through about 4 contractions and her head was out, as it came out, pop went my waters, oh what lovely feeling on my feet. Next contraction huge push she was out. I just burst into tears again with my head into the bed.
OH was over the moon. After id calmed down abit, looked over at her on table, couldn’t believe my eyes she was tiny. First thing i said was “She’s smaller than amber”

So Hollie was born 13th Dec @ 7:37am 7lb 11oz
Labour lasted: 6hr20mins

Attachments

• IMG00017-20091213-1404.jpg
    IMG00017-20091213-1404.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG00029-20091215-1122.jpg
    IMG00029-20091215-1122.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG00032-20091215-1143.jpg
    IMG00032-20091215-1143.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 93
Awwww brilliant! She is a real gorgeous little lady! I agree about the crying thing, just before I pushed I was in tears saying i wanted it to end and that's what MW said made her think I was ready to push!!

Well done!!! :hugs::hugs:

Thanks for sharing, I never realised that waters could wait until baby was actually coming out to break.

Hollie looks like a right cutie in her pics - congratulations!

It doesnt seem 2 minutes since we were having our private scans to find out the sex! congrats hun, shes a beauty! xXx

awww nice birth story :) didnt realise ur waters cud break soooo late! shes gorgeous x

Oh Mummy to Amber(&Hollie)! She is a real sweetie!! Many many congratulations!!

Yes, Emma. I didnt think was possible either.

I do feel, from having my waters broken and not broken, i much prefer them to be broken... the whole urge to push didnt feel right, it was there but couldnt feel it the same, i didnt feel like i was getting anywhere.

Thank you for the congrats :D xx

Congrats. I also didn't know they could leave your waters to break until you were pushing xx

She is abso gorgeous hunny! what a fab birth story!! congrats!! xxxxx

Awww congratulations, she is gorgeous. I LOVE your choice of name, if we have another girl that's what we're having :) :) :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->