Holly has finally weaned!!

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

I think it's officially safe to say that Holly has weaned now! At 6½ years old! She's not bf for over a month now. We never had a "last feed" as I always said it would be too emotional, even though I was desperate for her to stop for ages. She did need a bit of encouragement to stop, but the more I said no the less she asked and eventually it's been ages and I don't recall exactly when the last feed was. What a journey! Still feeding James who will be 3 soon.

Bev you did amazingly well to gently wean her!! Patience of a saint you have.
It's only been in the last month that J has weaned as well and it was just as you said, the more I said no (or rather redirected) the less she asked for it. Well done you!! <3 <3 <3

That’s so amazing that you bf until both parties were ready to stop! Bravo! I can’t think of a more important gift you could have given to your child.

That’s so amazing that you bf until both parties were ready to stop! Bravo! I can’t think of a more important gift you could have given to your child.

Thank you! <3

Wow you're supermumma! Not many (myself included) have the patience to let their children wean when they are ready. Especially with all the social pressures that make full term breastfeeding seem gross.

Well done.

I'm sure it must be a bittersweet time for you right now.

Amazing job on BF'ing so long Bev!! My girls wanted to stop early. I think it was partly peer pressure from family for Riya and Ava just wanted to be like her sister. Im definitely going to try harder with this baby and see if Ava & Riya will drink a sippy of expressed milk.

Wow, I'm glad you did it! Now its James turn soon, saying no sometimes really works. Keep it cool. :)

Last edited:
Blimey. I know who I’m asking for any breastfeeding advice! That’s such an amazing achievement <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->