Holy Colostrum!!!

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
So my OB previously approved me pumping after 36wks, but I was put on a stop 2 days after I started due to contractions I got after a cervix check that were AWFUL. I was told not to til I was 37wks along and then have at it again during those 2 days I pumped colostrum I got 3oz!!! Woot!

Well I started again tonight as I'm past 37 weeks and my right breast puts out more than the left so I start with it. When I began pumping with my hand pump it was literally coming out in streams!! I got 1/2 oz done in less than 3 minutes!! Needless to say I stopped to post this as I was proud. This is really the only place I get support aside from OH as many have told me I will fail at breastfeeding (they say its too "hard" yes I know it will be hard but i can do it dammit!!) now expecting my LG to arrive any week now I'm excited to say I've got 3 oz pumped and frozen (in smaller amounts) in the freezer. And tonight made me feel incredible watching it.

I did have a question girls. Is it safe to use Shea Baby head-to-toe ointment after I pump? (I have no soreness just don't want then getting dry haha) its free of all the bad stuff and i don't pump after using it, but apply it after I'm done pumping and it works wonders!! Seriously no soreness, hardly any sensitivity, and to be honest it smells devine. It says it can be used on baby's lips, cheeks, hands, face, bottom, everything haha. So it should be safe for use after pumping (or breastfeeding when baby gets here) right?

That's awesome! And you're right, an incredible feeling to see your body do what's it is meant to do! I haven't pumped yet but when I BF, sometimes my other breast leaks ALOT and that's impressive to me! When I started pumping for dd2 I could get 9oz from one boob!!!

So. Rght on! You're baby will not go without. It sounds like your colostrum is turning into milk already though. So my only advice is to be careful so you don't end up with a painful oversupply which it sounds like to may be prone too.

Not sure about the baby shea but I personally use coconut oil at the direction of a LC on my nipples and my nipples are hydrated and are never chapped.

Works wonders for me!

Congrats :)

I thought your body couldn't produce milk til after the baby was born? That its just a constant supply of colostrum, til a day or few after babies born and your body can't produce milk til the placenta is out (obviously it takes time to change from colostrun to milk though hehe) its still yellowish cloudy/clear, not white at all. It surely doesn't look at all like breastmilk.

I thought your body couldn't produce milk til after the baby was born? That its just a constant supply of colostrum, til a day or few after babies born and your body can't produce milk til the placenta is out (obviously it takes time to change from colostrun to milk though hehe) its still yellowish cloudy/clear, not white at all. It surely doesn't look at all like breastmilk.

Oh! Well there you go! If it doesn't look like BM yet then you are fine! You overachiever you :)

I pumped while pg as well though the most I got was about an oz and a half from one session. Lol still a very proud moment!!! I produced colostrum like crazy after I had him as well I currently have 12 oz of it in my Freezer and now I've turned to BM as of yesterday and have 9 oz of that pumped and that's on top of bfing! I figure it will be good for when I go back to work! ^.^ it shouldn't turn to be till after you have her though as it doesn't till after baby is out. Happy for you and good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->