Holy crap guys I’m measuring 4 weeks ahead!

mamawolf

Reaction score
At 37 weeks I’m measuring 41 weeks! They’re going to induce at 39 but good lord she’s going to be huge!:shock:

Doesn't mean she'll be huge XD My daughter measured right on and she was 9 lbs 3 oz, 22 inches, she hid damn well. My son I also did measure 4 weeks ahead and he was a big baby at 10 lbs 5 oz 21.5 inches. But I am known to make big babies.
I have had friends (especially those with more than one kid) measure ahead the more they had and still have a normal 7 lbs baby.

Trust yourself and your body. Your body isn't going to grow a baby it can't get out. You got this mama!

They told me my son would be about 7lbs - he was 5lbs.
My friend was told she measured ahead too (3weeks I think), and her baby was going to be 11lbs - she was 8lbs!

Don't let it scare ya too much! These things are often off! Good luck mama!

My cousin just got induced at 39 weeks as she was measuring a couple of weeks ahead. They were sure it would be a big baby. So sure, that when the induction wasn't happening fast enough, she was given a section to prevent him growing any further....

...He was 8lb 3oz - perfectly normal sized. :rofl:

Yeah I measured ahead for a bit with my fourth and she came three weeks late and was just over 8 lbs... those measurements are not always accurate.

Good luck for being induced in 2 weeks time! :) hopefully baby isn't going to be that big

Maybe not! I measured 42cm at 36 weeks, up until 31 weeks I only measured a week ahead but he was only 8lb 3oz and not huge. :) I also followed a similar trend with my second and she was tiny and 7lb 1oz. Hopefully baby isn't huge lol.

Oh gosh hon. If it was a growth scan tho I wudnt worry they are normoly way out. Was told ds1 was gonna be only 7 and half lbs he was 8lb 15oz and was told DD was going to be big and she was only 5lbs.
Its always just a rough guess hon so please dont worry to much

I guess I was on the other end of this! I was told I was going to have big babies and I did! I measured 3/4 weeks ahead and while both were early they were big. The machines are so much better now at seeing the real size that it can pretty much be spot on. I was told that with DS#1 he would be about 10lbs and DS#2 had he gone to his due date would have been closer to 11lbs. Im tiny too at 5'3" and I looked and was enormous!

DS#1 was 8/9 Days early and 9.56lbs
DS#2 was 3 weeks early and 8.76lbs

Opposite for me with my 3rd, my fundal height dropped towards the end and was 2 weeks behind, he was born 9lbs 13oz :dohh:

Thanks for the responses ladies! It’s possible she’ll be like my oldest and just be really long. My oldest was 8 lb 12 oz and 23.75” long. He was born at 39 weeks

Currently on day 2 of being induced for giant baby.....suddenly shot above 95th percentile at 36 weeks after being 50th at 32 weeks. At 38/40 scan was estimated weight 9lb10 and i’m now 39+3.

Hoping the child will make an appearance soon as I am very bored and work in the hospital so feel like I’m cooped up at work in a heatwave.

Currently on day 2 of being induced for giant baby.....suddenly shot above 95th percentile at 36 weeks after being 50th at 32 weeks. At 38/40 scan was estimated weight 9lb10 and i’m now 39+3.

Hoping the child will make an appearance soon as I am very bored and work in the hospital so feel like I’m cooped up at work in a heatwave.

Oh hon good luck I'm thinking of you. This heat is unbearable. Good luck sweety

Oh wow good luck!! And keep us updated on what the baby’s weight actually turns out to be!

Good luck :)

Had a lovely but large little girl by c section this morning. 10lb 8oz.

Glad I opted for that and not pushing! She is perfect though, and I am also well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->