Holy crap what's this pain!?

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
I think I'm going to end up making a lot of these topics at this rate but I am in AGONY and need to know what the hell is going on!!

I've just been sat down and when I stood up I found I can't physically stand up straight because I have a weird pain in my groin. It's on my left hand side under my bump in my actual groin, well, like where the top of my underwear sits. It's like a stabbing pain and it REALLY hurts. It's hard to describe, yet it's somehow familiar, maybe like a stitch? I don't know, I can't place where I know it from but it's awful and I also feel like I'm going to throw up. Anyone else had this?

I had a few period-like cramps yesterday which I put down to general stretching and baby position because I've had them on and off for a week or two now and seem to be having a growth spurt but this one's new to me. Any ideas?

i get that sometimes when i stand up too fast - its like pulling a muscle or a ligament - it feels like a stitch and the pain is like u described - like a stabbing pain. Sit down and relax for a bit. It should go away :)

Yeah I got this loads in the last few weeks at work. I thought it was baby lying on a nerve or something.. If I rubbed it or walked (or hopped as the case may be!) around for a little while it would go.. it was so bad that I *had* to stand up, I could not sit down.

Not sure hun but doesn't sound nice, hope it eases off quickly or ring your GP/midwife? :hugs:

Okay this is the SIXTH time I have tried to reply to this post and Internet Explorer keeps crashing :hissy: I hate my works computer!!

Anyway, thanks for the advice everyone, it's nice to know I'm not alone! The pain has gone now so I think he was lying on something funny or I had pulled something. I have only felt a tiny flutter on my right hand side so far this morning so he must be fast asleep. I'm sure he'll perk up when I have my lunch and chill out a bit (I'm feeling really stressed for some reason today) but it's just adding to the little worry you get niggling.

Thanks again :D

I have had this several times. Even when laying down in bed for the night.
It's a combination of things I think... the weight of the baby, your ligaments stretching, your pelvic bone shifting ... and all the other wonderful things going on down there.

All you can do is massage it or do your pelvic tilts to keep the ligaments/muscles loose.
Also, try to get up in a different fashion. Instead of standing straight up, slowly ease yourself up.

Good luck hun.

Not too sure what it is, but I get it when I stand up to quickly. I just slow 'er down, and it's all good :)

Yep hate them.. Hated them at the beginning of pregnancy too when I would sneeze or cough or move a certain way. It hurts. It's legement pain hun from stretching.

Yep I've had the same thing. When I cough or sneeze or stand up. I will get the same feeling before I get my period too. It is like a side stitch, just like down in your ovary.

i had this when amber was going further head down, trying to engage in my pelvis, it got worse further down she went

I went to the hospital with this when i was about 32 weeks worried for the baby but its just 'growing pains' as the midwife put it, just muscles stretching, try a nice warm shower if it happens again and try not to stand up too fast otherwise it could cause more damage to them :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->