Holy menstrual cramps last night, what was that about??

calm81

Reaction score
Morning girlies,

from 5 p.m yesterday until maybe 3 a.m in the morning I was having what I could describe as menstrual cramps. You know that swollen, crampy feeling you get in the veejay jay the day before AF hits? Or how your cramps feels on the very first day of your period. My stomach was warm the whole time this was happening and when I looked into the mirror, my tummy was reddish, like how it was the day I went into labor with my son.

Obviously I haven't gone into labor as I'm here typing this. At the moment the cramps have subsided.

Throughout the night when the cramps were still active, my "braxton hick" contractions were actually painful, like a dull pain in my back and cramping in the front like real contractions--again--nothing came of this as I'm currently enjoying my coffee and typing this.

I had the whole house packing their bags "just in case" and was scared as I'm only 35 weeks.

This wasn't lighting, sharp shooting pains, it felt like a flow was about to begin type cramping. I seriously went to the bathroom (Loo for my UK girlies) to check to see if my period started.

Any advice, or experience on this??:winkwink:

I had this last night but nothing this morning I am 39 plus 5..

I had this last night but nothing this morning I am 39 plus 5..

It may be a sign for you that delivery is on its way since you're so close to 40 weeks, unfortunately, in my case, I'm too early for that.

I have had this 3 nights in a row now ! 38.4 wks, at dr right now, ill ask him.... Last time I told him I was crampy at night he said its because I'm smaller and baby is big now and crushing my organs :) lovely! Prob nothing more than that this time too.... Although I'm praying that at least gave me some progress.... The cramps get so bad I huddle in a ball and have to breathe through them or try to walk it out :/ I was also told to take tylonal for them.... I just feel like that masks anything that might be going on though ....

When I have them I got pains between my legs right above.. i just won't her to come natural because I don't won't to be indused

I've had this, too. Last night, in fact. Doctor told me to just deal with it. Unless it is accompanied by very strong regular contractions for two hours straight. I hate it, though.

The cramping has made a come back. I chugged so much water today so it can't be from dehydration. Ugh, I thought being pregnant was the one ticket from period pains, I guess every pain is involved during pregnancy. Great to be a woman. :wacko:

I feel the cramping all the way down to my inner thigh. Good to know that I'm not the only one, not in a "misery loves company," sort of way, but more that it's a normal occurrence type of deal.

I'm so over being pregnant.:cry:

Ya my dr just blew me off today too..."if it's really that bad you'd be dilated to a 7" laughing.... I soooo was not laughing!! So I guess long as baby seems fine then it's nothing to worry about .... Just a misery that some get:/

Ya my dr just blew me off today too..."if it's really that bad you'd be dilated to a 7" laughing.... I soooo was not laughing!! So I guess long as baby seems fine then it's nothing to worry about .... Just a misery that some get:/

Thanks for the update from your doctor. I left a message an hour ago for mine and no call back. I guess it is a normal thing and nothing to worry too much about. Yay. <---Very sarcastic tone involved. Annoyed with everything being "normal" during pregnancy. 9 months is just too long. I'm tired, sick of peeing, sick of maternity clothes, sick of being the pregnant chic, sick of not being as active, sick of it all. Lol, whoops, that was a little vent. Sawwy.:flower:

Calm I know the feeling... I've had this usually of an evening and its really not pleasant! I never know what to do. If it was my period I'd just get a hot water bottle but was advised against using it... It's really not nice though is it... Hopefully it passes soon for you.

And I feel you with the whole fed up of being preggers... So done. Bring on the sleepless nights and screaming newborn.

Xxxx

That's how my contractions felt until after I was in active labor.

A nurse finally got back with me and related a response from my doctor, but he misunderstood my message. He said if they keep happening every 10 minutes to then go to triage, but I told the nurse in my message that it was a consistent cramping and not in intervals, I guess I don't even know how to explain it properly lol. It would last for a few hours then stop for a few hours accompanied by stronger "braxton hicks" each hour.

My ( normally quiet) toddler was fussing in the background so I couldn't explain to the nurse better and just gave a generic "thanks for calling me back." I swear kids know when you're waiting on an important phone call.

I so totally feel you! I would really LOVE if SOMEBODY around here went into labor!! Just to give me some hope dammit!! LOL Can somebody just have a baby already?? ;-)

I get what you mean about the "normal" thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful. It's all "normal". It's "this", unless it's not- then it's "that" etc etc. I'm a FTM and I like to think of myself as a pretty smart/rational person. But, OMG... it's really hard not to get torn up over everything that goes on in the last trimester. (Seriously, the things I can write off as "normal" as a pregnant lady would've been umm just SLIGHTLY alarming to my non-pregnant self! lol)

I like information but- there are no hard/fast answers. There is no one path. Everybody is different. And everything can be something, or nothing at all...just depends. On what? Well, that depends too. Usually it's nothing though... but when it's something- it's probably serious. But, it's usually fine. No biggie. Whatevs. Just a whole other PERSON coming out of your BODY! Like, no reason to stress and stuff! :haha:

I'm done too! DONE.

I so totally feel you! I would really LOVE if SOMEBODY around here went into labor!! Just to give me some hope dammit!! LOL Can somebody just have a baby already?? ;-)

I get what you mean about the "normal" thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful. It's all "normal". It's "this", unless it's not- then it's "that" etc etc. I'm a FTM and I like to think of myself as a pretty smart/rational person. But, OMG... it's really hard not to get torn up over everything that goes on in the last trimester. (Seriously, the things I can write off as "normal" as a pregnant lady would've been umm just SLIGHTLY alarming to my non-pregnant self! lol)

I like information but- there are no hard/fast answers. There is no one path. Everybody is different. And everything can be something, or nothing at all...just depends. On what? Well, that depends too. Usually it's nothing though... but when it's something- it's probably serious. But, it's usually fine. No biggie. Whatevs. Just a whole other PERSON coming out of your BODY! Like, no reason to stress and stuff! :haha:

I'm done too! DONE.

I seriously chuckled the entire time reading this. You typed what I was thinking. Total ramble mode. Love it!!:haha::haha::haha:

Well I checked into triage and was told cramping was caused from dehydration and I have a high pulse rate. I don't understand the dehydration...I drank sooooo much water today.

Getting discharged as we speak. The Braxton hicks were just too frequent t to sit back and wonder along with menstrual cramping. I'm glad I came to get checked. Now I can try and relax a bit until the real rodeo begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->