Home birth anyone?

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking of having a home birth (a HBAC and hands off for me) I had a section with my 1st and the experience left me so traumatised I have no memories of the first 6 months of ds's life, and If i ever see that midwife again i'm going to punch her so hard her ancestors ears are going to ring,:growlmad: well in my head anyway.

I feel so much safer at home. The first time I didn't know I could refuse lots of things and still have a choice about my birth!!!! I don't want to fall in the deliver at all costs so we don't get sued cycle again.

Does anyone have experience of this and home birthing? Whats ur gut and heart telling you?

I love, love, loved my home birth. My MW was amazingly supportive and I could not have asked for a better experience. I was hoping and praying for another HB but we're having twins, so I think I have to deliver in hospital. Not going to lie... I am SUPER disappointed.

There is a home birth specific forum too... check it out!!

This baby will definitely be born at home. I had wanted homebirths for my other two, but we couldn't afford a midwife/couldn't find a private midwife. I have several friends who have turned to home birth after traumatic experiences and found them very healing. I hope you find the same.

I would definitely prefer to home birth but it is very expensive where i live and we can't afford it :-(

I definitely understand why you want a homebirth, your experiences with your first birth are shared by many unfortunately :-(

I had a traumatic birth with my first in hospital which ended as a Caesarian. For a long time I couldn't consider having any more children as couldn't face going through it again. I did a LOT of reading. I initially started off thinking I would need a repeat CS with my second but I armed myself with knowledge and facts and planned a home birth (HBAC) and 5 years after my son was born, my little girl was born safely at home :)
Be prepared to have a lot of opposition, you need to stand your ground. For me also, it was not about home birth at any cost, if there had been a problem I would have transferred. My home birth was so much easier, it was night and day. I am currently 8 weeks along with no3 and will be planning another home birth as long as it is a straight forward pregnancy. Good luck, you CAN do it!

I had a traumatic birth with my first in hospital which ended as a Caesarian. For a long time I couldn't consider having any more children as couldn't face going through it again. I did a LOT of reading. I initially started off thinking I would need a repeat CS with my second but I armed myself with knowledge and facts and planned a home birth (HBAC) and 5 years after my son was born, my little girl was born safely at home :)
Be prepared to have a lot of opposition, you need to stand your ground. For me also, it was not about home birth at any cost, if there had been a problem I would have transferred. My home birth was so much easier, it was night and day. I am currently 8 weeks along with no3 and will be planning another home birth as long as it is a straight forward pregnancy. Good luck, you CAN do it!

Hi the experience also put me off ever doing it again, and it still terrifying me! I'm planning not to tell anyone about having a home birth and have started to do research. I'm also going to see my counsellor too work through my issues, luckily she's also a retired midwife. My heart say's home so thats what i'm going with. I live in the UK so not the cost that many ladies must have :hugs:

My friend and I planned on having home births after watching "The Business of Being Born" she got pregnant before me and her water ended up breaking a month early and had to go to the local hospital. I live in a small hippy town with a very small hospital with a separate birthing center and she had a wonderful experience. The room had a birthing tub, extra large shower, birthing ball, birthing stool, etc. Her water had broken without going into labor after 12 hrs they told her she was at risk for developing an infection, but since she didn't want want a chemical induction they were going to exhaust every natural induction method before they resorted to pitsosin. They even aloud a massage therapist to come in and perform labor inducing massage. She finally went into labor natural and had a healthy baby. The recovery room had family beds and a special maternity menu for the mother and support person.

When I had my baby there I did not feel pressured to have any sort of medical intervention. They didnt even administer an IV. They were very hands off and understanding of the amount of pain I was in and did not hold anything against me. Therefore, I will be having my second baby there and am very much looking forward to it. I'm still totally for a home birth, its basically just the luxury of being waited on hand and foot after the baby is born that made me choose not to lol.

The high you get after having a baby is the best feeling in the world if you can have an unmediated birth it's totally worth it! A home birth is the only way to guarantee you wont put through the "system" but there're still hospitals and birthing centers that support natural births if you change your mind you just have to shop around. Good luck!

Yes I am planning home birth no.3 :) never wanted to give birth anywhere else and glad it all went to plan. The mw seemed positive about it which is nice as the other 2 times mat services seemed iffy about it.

Awww how i wish i could have a natural Home Birth, or even a water birth lol... I too had a very traumatic 1st birth which ended in a c-section.. Lots of drama etc etc... It put me right off having anymore...

Unfortunately due to medical reasons I'm not allowed to push :( so C-sections it is for me... but man if i could have a home birth i so would!... If thats what makes you feel more comfortable and relaxed about the labour for this little one, i say do it!!! :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->