Home Birth Booked

MrsE

Reaction score
Well, we're all ready to go...

Midwife came to our house today and we chatted about all the signs of Labour and what to expect etc, DH is a lot more relaxed as he knows what'll happen and is relieved it's not like the movies when your waters gush and you panic and rush to hospital :rofl:

And I feel a lot more relaxed about it, she explained exactly what your body goes through and the reason for false labours and stomach cramps which can last for 4 days or more and all help thin out your cervix etc in the lead up to the main event.

She bought all the stuff that we'll need, including a lovely plastic bucket and lid for the Placenta :sick: and needles, leaflets to read, plastic sheet and incontinence sheets etc.. All we're waiting on is the Gas and Air which the midwife brings when she checks you and you go into Labour.

What I didn't know previously is that from today (now that I'm booked in for a home birth) they put my name and details on a board so that all of the community midwives are aware of my sitaution and she also filled out a form to send to the Ambulance station so that they're ready if need be.

Strange, because I'm actually looking forward to it now :wacko:

Cx

Excellent news hun, sounds like your in good care. Having an understanding of whats going to happen is always the best way of relaxing you.

Hope all goes well on the day and you get your home birth.

:hugs: Sounds Like you are all prepared......Any time now!:hugs:

your so brave!!! :D

Id love a home birth so im jealous lol but there is no way i could cope with the pain, im a wimp.

xx

your so brave!!! :D

Id love a home birth so im jealous lol but there is no way i could cope with the pain, im a wimp.

xx

Don't know about that, I'd like to give it a go but if it gets too painful I'm off to hospital lol not that brave :rofl:

I think the fact that my midwife and her team are really pro-home births has really helped, she told us that only last week a 43 year old first time mum gave birth at home so there's hope for me yet. She was also telling us how she'd had people give birth in all sorts of places around the home including the stairs and they'll just follow me wherever I'm most comfortable.

Cx

i think its great :D

i really hope it all goes well for you, there is no reason why it wouldnt :)

xx

Thats great hun!!

Sounds like your MW team know what they are doing so its all good!!

Good luck, hope your bubs comes quick!

xxx

I'd like a home birth too :D

Good luck hun x

fantastic news hun! i would have loved a home birth, but staying in a high rise flat simply wasnt an option :(, your MW team sounds fab :D:hugs:

Ohhhh how exciting!!!! You are one brave women babe.......not long now!

They sound like they are taking good care of you. Good luck, I hope all goes to plan and you get the birth you want.

Good luck hun, hope it all goes to plan babes

xxx

id love a home birth for no.2, so will be looking forward to your birth story, good luck and hope you get the birth you want xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->