Home birth booking appointment in an hour - questions I should ask?

Bingo

Reaction score
I have my home birth booking in appointment in an hour's time. Are there any specific questions I should ask the midwife whilst she's here? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D

Sorry if I'm late and you've already had your appointment.

I would want to clarify at what point do you actually call the midwives. All areas are different. Mine said either when my waters had gone or when my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart.

Ask about what equipment they will be expecting you to supply, again, all areas are different.

I don't think I had any other questions when I had my appointment - she'll have all the info you need.

Let us know how you get on!! x

Thanks JenStar. I had a really positive booking appointment and the midwife was lovely. Unfortunately I won't be having her deliver baby as she is 37 weeks pregnant herself. @D

She said to call the midwife unit as soon as labour starts to let them know and to call again once contractions are 3 minutes apart.

All I have to provide are towels to dry baby, a mirror about A5 size and a torch.

She strongly suggested I hire a birthing pool which we weren't going to do but that I'm now looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->