Home birth but transverse at moment

Finsmummy

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
If I want a home birth and baby is transverse, can I wait right up until labour to see if he turns? Or do they always book a C sec? Im confused about it x

they will offer a ECV/EVC first then book a section date probably id get on the Spinning babies website and get some optimal fetal positioning going on

Thanks. I really dont understand the upside down positions and how it works, as it seems to me that you want gravity to move the head down not the other way lol?! Am i missing something? It obviously does something to make the baby turn somehow x

You cant vaginally birth a transverse baby so if ECV doesnt work, yes it'll be section. I have to be head down by 36 weeks and stay head down cos they dont want to risk him popping back up during labour as theres a risk of cord prolapse.

I think they usually advise an ECV if baby is still transverse at 36 weeks.

That will usually be booked in, then you go along to the ECV, and if it doesn't work, you'll be booked in for a c-section, although if the ECV is at 37/38 weeks then some hospitals would do the c-section there and then (following the attempted ECV) iykwim?

If the ECV did work, or baby turns him/herself then there's no reason why not to book for a homebirth, although sometimes babies are extra mischievous and turn themselves back at the last minute :dohh: but you would probably be well aware of that before labour even started, and even if not, then once the mw arrived to assist you in labour and palpated, she'd be able to tell baby wasn't head down and advise you transfer in for a c-section :thumbup:

HTH :flower:

OMG, so potentially I could be having my baby in a couple of weeks. That is scary stuff! I dont think he is going anywhere as been in exactly same position for weeks now x

corey was transvers for awhile and a section was never mentioned, my mw just told me to get home and scrub the floors lol so i did kneel down and lean on my birthing ball alot. he soon turned :)
i was also told he was back to back, but he spun around intime for birth i think lol

Your MW should have good advice for you on this stuff, especially what to do if the baby remains transverse... call and ask... maybe they can fit you in for another appointment to check the position?

Ive been trying to spend more time on knees and not reclining etc but its so hard as Im tired out! I need to lie down lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->