Home birth - How likely is this?

goddess25

Reaction score
I am pregnant with my third baby.

1st baby laboured at home, got to the hospital at 9.5cm dilated, waters broke, couldn't push him out as he had shoulder dystocia and ended up in OR with spinal and forceps delivery...mecoonium was in the waters.

2nd baby - I wanted a home birth but my midwive team were not happy with this as an option. Laboured at home for an hour, went to the hospital, told my baby was presenting the same as my son...did lots of positional changes, she moved. Born 2 hours later, via natural delivery and she was still in the amniotic sac but there was also meconium in there. I am also a bit worried about getting to the hospital in time.

Anyway I would like a home birth but just wondering how likely you think it would be that my midwives would allow it. I have a different team this time as I have moved.

First labour 12 hours

2nd labour 3 hours

Without knowing your midwives, it's impossible to say. Just ask? Since it sounds like you had a very normal and smooth birth last time, there is a reasonable chance they would be comortable attending you at home in the absence of risk factors...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->