Home birth in a private rented house

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I would have to ask permission from my landlady to have a home birth? She's really lovely and we've not actually seem her since we moved in so it's not like she comes to do house checks or anything. We're good tenants and I wouldn't want to take advantage of her but I think I'd be crushed if she said no. I'm still working on convincing my husband, not sure I want to take on the challenge of having to convince someone else lol :nope:

I can't imagine you'd have to tell her hun. x

No you don't. You wouldnt ask if you could labour there for as long as possible before transferring would you? I've supported lots of births in rented homes :)

Im in a private rented and I dont intend on asking the landlords permission, I might mention it if it comes up in a conversation but I wont be asking as I dont think its there buisness. I have a deposit so if there was any accidental damage to carpets etc then it would come out of that if I didnt repair it. xoxoxo

I "hyperthetically" ask the letting agency and they said its none of the landlords business...... !! :)

I private rent and im not going to ask my landlord.

I'm not asking mine... I didn't ask permission to conceive the baby after all! ;-)

Won't be in one by the time this baby comes (well, unless she comes before next saturday when we move!) but no way would I tell my landlord about the home birth if we were staying here, none of his business!

Did you ask if you can conceive in the house?

;)

if you were in the US i would say yes but that's only because i work for an insurance company...if anything were to go wrong she might be liable for injuries that happen in a residence she owns. but since you're in the UK and nothing bad will happen anyway i'd say you're ok without asking her.

if you were in the US i would say yes but that's only because i work for an insurance company...if anything were to go wrong she might be liable for injuries that happen in a residence she owns. but since you're in the UK and nothing bad will happen anyway i'd say you're ok without asking her.

we didnt lol the neighbors didnt know either till after the fact lol when we saw them a couple of days later ( we are mid terrace ) they didnt get disturbed by the ambulances at 3.30am either lol or my noise lol

Thanks lyn I just realised our walls are like paper and the last thing we need while im in labour is the police turning up to check what the screamings about rofl xoxoxo

We never asked we also live in a midterrace and nextdoor asked 3days after the birth if I had had her yet as they had not seen me out in the garden for a few days lol

I didnt tell mine.

She popped over after Willow was born and when i said she was born upstairs she looked a bit shocked lol

If I was to have a home birth I wouldn't bother telling the landlord, what it you had a home birth but didn't actually mean to, theres not much they could do about it surely. :flower:

Nope. You have every right to perform bodily functions in your home rented or not.

I private rent and I'm absolutely certain my landlord wouldn't mind.

We're in a rented flat and we didn't ask permission! I thought it would be unnecessary, would have felt rather awkward asking haha. Let's hope their aren't any questions about the blood stains on the cream carpet. Do make sure you cover carpets properly, I brought really thin dust sheets which were rubbish and didn't save the carpet sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->