Home birth in a private rented house

We told our landlady that we would be homebirthing and she told us that she had birthed 4 of her 6 children in that same house which was so lovely to know so obviously she had no problem with us homebirthing there. The day after I birthed the baby she rocked up and came right into the house without even knocking to see the baby - I heard somebody coming up the stairs callin gout hello and only had enough time to put a shirt on - that wasn't so cool.

we've got a standard rental agreement for our house, pretty much the same as most people have in the UK. I had a look through it the other day for something unrelated and it says nothing about not being able to give birth or anything related to it. Ours does say though that we are not allowed to keep wild fowl in the bath or use the house for immoral purposes... the mind boggles what previous tenants might have gotten up to! So you should be fine, I might tell the neighbours though just in case they are worried by unusual noises or activity at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->