Home birth in little estate

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
Are you letting your neighbours know? How?

I live in a teeny estate of 9 houses, we're in a sort of U shape, with a green area in. And I was just wondering if it would be strange, or nice, if I sent everyone a little card just saying that I am planning a home birth, and if you hear murderous screams around my due date from my house, not to call the police, as it's only me giving birth!

here's a little screen grab off google of my estate, I'm in the red circle!

map 1.jpg

I had my first baby in October and found that the aftercare was not as I had hoped it would be and would possibly try a home birth next time round. Like you I live down a small alley, a row of cottages and think this is a lovely idea and would think of doing this myself. Xx good luck xx

I'll do some postcards online and just get them sent straight to the houses!

i think that's a great idea! we've only got 1 set of neighbours and ive already told them! they will probably end up minding poppy actually unless it's at stupid o'clock!

I live in a similar set of houses. A small close with I think 8 houses. I didn't tell my neighbours specifically although I think I told 2 houses in conversation. I joked after with a neighbour that didn't know i had a hime birth about the noise and they said they had no idea. I think they're used to noise from my kids, dogs and chickens!

If I had another I wouldn't tell them. I think maybe in a flat but otherwise no.

I didn't tell mine. Well mentioned it to one briefly in conversation but didn't go out of my way to tell them. I knew i wasn't going to scream and shout though otherwise I may have made more of an effort ha ha. Saying that they reckon they never ever hear the kids crying etc and Imogen can throw some right tantrums! Unless there just being polite ha ha. X

I haven't told mine but all my neighbours are miserable an will actually sit in their car so they don't have to say hello!
I think it's a nice idea if you know your neighbours... I'm just putting a note on my door saying homebirth in progress, please do not disturb...

I haven't told mine but all my neighbours are miserable an will actually sit in their car so they don't have to say hello!
I think it's a nice idea if you know your neighbours... I'm just putting a note on my door saying homebirth in progress, please do not disturb...

Think I might do that too. We do know each other, But I don't want to have a blatant conversation about home birth, as they're a load of "anything out of what we do is weird, and should be banned" people! Lol...it'll kinda be like a note saying this is happening, so if you hear noise, I'm sorry, but I'm giving birth kinda thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->