Home birth is making me feel so relaxed about labour!

Pearls18

Reaction score
I was very lucky to have a short straight forward labour with DS, but the pain I remember despite a water birth (although tbh it was the contractions on the way to hospital I found to be the scariest part) still scared me silly about doing it again. However, a home birth will hopefully "guarantee" as much as one can with these things at least, a water birth and I just feel soooooo much more calm and relaxed about the whole thing! It was such a stressful time last time thinking about how I was going to get 40 miles to hospital, not knowing how I would labour, not knowing if my husband would get there in time (he was based 3 hours away at the time). But this time is totally different, hubby should even be on Christmas leave! I never thought I would opt for a home birth, I was quite happy with a hospital birth but was desperate for another water birth, but now I am seeing all the bonuses and it feels SO right.

Sorry totally random thread but excited!!

Yay! That's so exciting. Obviously, I don't have a hospital birth to compare with, but I can't imagine getting in the car and driving somewhere while in labour (and 40 miles!! bless you!). It's so relaxing and comforting at home. I honestly don't remember it being painful at all (well, the vaginal exam I had was painful! and my legs got tired after awhile), but labour itself didn't seem all that painful. I think it's because I was at home that it was all very manageable and comfortable (also, realistically, I think natal hypnotherapy played a big part in that too - I'd highly recommend it if it's something you'd consider doing). My friend, who had a hospital birth just after me, and a pretty straightforward natural one, said thinking about the pain still scares her. But I can't even remember now what it must have felt like. It just didn't seem painful. So have faith that it will be even more manageable than you're first (likely quicker too).

It's funny you say that because I don't remember the pain in the pool at all, not even the pushing, it's the contractions getting to hospital I remember in horror, probably made worse by being so tense and stressed trying to get to hospital.

I must admit I haven't actually got nervous about labour and giving birth :shrug: and I think there's something wrong with me for not even being scared lol.

But I genuinely think this is because I have a fully planned homebirth and know that I don't have to try and get to the hospital 50 minutes away....and I am by myself so I know that when things kick off I am in the right place!

Hoping the little one just makes her exit soon as I would not like to go into hospital to be induced in a couple of weeks!

I love the fact that we are planning a home birth. My last two babies were in a hospital and every time I watch a birth video in a hospital..I am so relieved that I don't have to go through that again! I'm not nervous about going into labor at all..I'm exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->