Home Birth or Hospital???

I was really surprised when the second I mentioned home birth OH was completely behind me. Turns out if he had it his way I'd be having this baby in a sauna like his older female relatives all did!

MY OH's mum works in the neo natal unit and she has told me so many stories of home births that have gone wrong as she has to look after the poor babies that are quite often brain damaged from the fact that the ambulance took 20 minutes to arrive. I appreciate that she doesn't hear about the good home births, but for me I'll be in the birthing pool (fingers crossed in the local hospital!!!!

My son ended up with brain damage from a bad nurse who was too rough with my son, he hit his head...brain damage can happen anywhere.

Personally i'd much prefer a home birth. I dont like the idea of being in hospital, and i hate the smell of them. I wanna try and do it with no pain relief but as its my first my OH feels it would be much safer if I went into hospital. My mum had all of us in the bath at home, i'm one of 5 and nothing went wrong at all. Knowing me though i'd probably feel alot more comfortable being in hospital incase anything went wrong, im a natural born worrier.

But I think hospital birth baby number 1, then all home births after that. I wanna try and use the birthing pool at hospital, I want everything as natural as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->