Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hmm well.. did a practise run setting up the birth pool last night. Was very please that it only took about 20-30 mins to get the pool up, then took just under a hour to fill up!

Left it over night to see how well it held temperature, which again it did brilliantly, it was 43 degress at 9.30 pm, and at 9.30 this morning it was still 40 degrees!

Only problem is... half the bloody water is now INSIDE the air chambers of the pool wall :( so it has to go back!

Lozzy, as kiwi said... i meant to say hopefully you'll atleast go into labour naturally rather than be induced!

My waters went on friday afternoon on my youngest and they booked me in for induction at 7am the following monday, but luckily I went naturally at 3am monday morning - just in time!! Either way, I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks girls. The midwife was hinting that i wont need inducing because i wont last that long so hopefully baby will be here by the end of the week

Hope baby makes an appearance soon for you Lozzy :hugs:

I ended up in hospital at the weekend cos it looked like madam was going to be impatient but I've just been overdoing it :blush: I've got the m/w coming for my home visit on Friday, hoping that they won't use that against me :( The kids are helping me more now though and no more carrying potatoes back from the shop for me for a while :blush:

Good luck Lozzy, I was induced last time and I'd avoid it this time, hope baby makes an appearance soon!!

Hope baby makes an appearance soon for you Lozzy :hugs:

I ended up in hospital at the weekend cos it looked like madam was going to be impatient but I've just been overdoing it :blush: I've got the m/w coming for my home visit on Friday, hoping that they won't use that against me :( The kids are helping me more now though and no more carrying potatoes back from the shop for me for a while :blush:

Gosh sorry I only just read this! Hope you are doing ok now and baby was just getting a bit overexcited. I can't see why it would affect your hb plans, but agree, no more carrying sacks of potatoes anymore!

Ooh pinkie take it easy mrs! It shouldn't affect your HB that you went in!

Lozzy had her baby ladies, it's in her journal :)

Does that mean I'm next? I'm term tomorrow according to hospital but I think Sunday lol what's a day though?! So homebirth is a go from midnight tonight! However my midwife is away til Monday so hang on baby lol

Congrats lozzy! I'll have to go stalk your journal now!

Good luck Nikki-lou! fingers crossed baby will hang on a little bit longer for you :)

Congrats to Lozzy, hoping you had a great birth experience and you're both well :) x

Had my anomaly scan on Wednesday, everythings fine :D we're staying team yellow but are enjoying scruitinising the photos to have a guess. We can see two dots and a line so DH is convinced we are having a boy lol
xx

Congratulations Lozzy!

Good luck Nikki-Lou!

I'm all booked in for my homebirth :happydance: All the silly worries were for nothing lol and everything's fine! Thanks for listening to me though x x

:wave:

Heres my homebirth story. Sorry its a bit late!

Finley is doing really well, breastfeeding like a trooper and he put on 7ozs in his first week!! :happydance:

Sammi xx

congrats to Lozzy - hope you are enjoying motherhood so far!

Nikki-lou - not long at all for you now! Best wishes for a lovely hb!

Pinkie - can't find the link for your hb story but will go and find it now.

Finley is doing really well, breastfeeding like a trooper and he put on 7ozs in his first week!! :happydance:

Sammi xx

Sammi I think I missed something but can you re-link your birth story? I can't find it! Oh no :dohh:

Sammi xx

Sammi I think I missed something but can you re-link your birth story? I can't find it! Oh no :dohh:

Hope you don't mind me posting your link, Sammi (I found it in the birth stories section). x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...467810-my-posterior-baby-homebirth-story.html

Sammi xx

Hope you don't mind me posting your link, Sammi (I found it in the birth stories section). x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...467810-my-posterior-baby-homebirth-story.html
Oh thanks! I just couldn't find it!

Thanks lozzy :flower:

Alexander James made his very swift enterance into the world at 10pm last night after just 3.5hrs of established labour & 5 min of pushing!!

I feel fab

Congrats lozzy and nikki! Welcome to the world babies! How lovely xxxx

Birth feels sooooooo far away at the moment for me, but I am getting so excited about it as well! I have just read Sarah Buckley's 'Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering' - I really liked it and just confirmed for me that I am doing the right thing by planning a home birth.

I have had a bit of wobble recently with some people on Facebook posting links about studies that show homebirth in a negative light - it's such a political issue, people really like to tell you that you shouldn't do it or that you are putting your baby at risk. Its frustrating - as if I would do anything that might cause any harm to my baby! But feeling better about it again now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->